PDA

View Full Version : Holiday anxiety

em1
07-12-2015, 05:43 PM
Hello all :) hope everyone is going good
So I've been not to bad on and off,I'm off any meds which is good (tho I would got back on them if I felt that I needed them)
So I'm going away for two weeks to Spain soon and yes it's all lovely etc but my god do I get bad anxiety and attacks when I'm away
Does anyone else get these? I get them worse when I'm going out for dinner of a night time and yet I don't know why,I know they are not going to hurt me Etc I've had this for years it's just so frustrating as it stops you from really letting your hair down and enjoying it
Crapy anxiety

NixonRulz
07-12-2015, 07:21 PM
Anyone gets panic attacks when they expect them to come. Think about that. You get what you expect

And yes, I lalways had horrible anxiety leading up to a trip or having to fly. And like every time I did those things, I survived and just had wasted lots of time dwelling in them

It was when I had so many panic attacks about those things and nothing life threatening ever happened that I finally got past them

I just realized that I may panic but it would go away and then I would be fine

So I stopped fearing them. Stop fearing and they stop coming

Now they have left me for years

em1
07-13-2015, 05:00 AM
Anyone gets panic attacks when they expect them to come. Think about that. You get what you expect And yes, I lalways had horrible anxiety leading up to a trip or having to fly. And like every time I did those things, I survived and just had wasted lots of time dwelling in them It was when I had so many panic attacks about those things and nothing life threatening ever happened that I finally got past them I just realized that I may panic but it would go away and then I would be fine So I stopped fearing them. Stop fearing and they stop coming Now they have left me for years

Thank you for the reply Nixon hope you are well ;)
Your so right and for most of the time I do get on with it but I just hate it when I can't get my mind set to stop them and then they spoil my holiday and I then get home and think oh I let it win again
I will beat this 😀