PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety: purple underneath eyes

undertakerfreak1127
07-12-2015, 01:45 AM
I have always had some purple underneath my eyes, but lately it seems to be getting worse. It's now on my upper eyelids, making my eyelids look swollen, and every single day I look like I've been up all night despite getting a full night's sleep. It's getting to the point where I obsessively look at my eyes in the mirror and take pictures of them to compare them on a day-to-day basis. I had an allergy panel done and it came back clean, I get enough sleep - what is this? Does anyone else get it this bad despite good sleep and no allergies? At least THIS bad?

LDE
07-12-2015, 08:52 AM
Hello I have some purple under my eyes too. It can be caused by a lot of things like allergies, being in the sun, rubbing your eyes, and are sometimes just hereditary.

undertakerfreak1127
07-12-2015, 09:56 AM
Hello I have some purple under my eyes too. It can be caused by a lot of things like allergies, being in the sun, rubbing your eyes, and are sometimes just hereditary.

I know what could cause it, but it just seems to keep getting worse, and that's what frightens me.

superchick22684
07-12-2015, 04:53 PM
I've had purple under my eyes for awhile. I've always been told that its because the skin around the eyes is sometimes thinner so it enhances the appearance of blood vessels under the skin. I've heard stress and fatigue can make them darker.