PDA

View Full Version : Got an interesting issue.

Slammed Vdub
07-11-2015, 09:49 PM
So a few months ago i got out of a long term relationship. Me and my ex dated for almost 6 years since high school but she moved and it was time for it to end. It was a super unhealthy relationship which looking back in now i can easily admit i wasnt really happy. I am now dating a different girl who i have known for over 10 years. It is so different and perfect in everyway. If i am so happy now, then why cant i get my ex out of my head? Its very annoying. I dont want to think about her anymore as how she treated me. She even removed me from social media since she seen me being happy in public. I love this new girl in everyway and i feel guilty that i cant get my ex out of my head. Anyone have advice?

undertakerfreak1127
07-12-2015, 01:41 AM
Hooooooooo boy. Can I ever relate to this mess.

I think your happiness with your life as it stands is independent of the thoughts about your ex. Those thoughts should not minimize your happiness. The fact is, your ex was a part of your life, for better or for worse, for a long, long time. As much as we all would like to, we can't just push that kind of experience out of our minds.

Ask yourself this: are these thoughts pervasive enough to affect the time you spend with your current girlfriend? If they aren't, don't feel guilty, and don't feel ashamed. Anyone who says they haven't thought of an ex while in a different relationship is a liar.

And remember: SHE deleted YOU. She was thinking about you just as much, if not more, than you were thinking about her. That should be some kind of consolation, no?

NixonRulz
07-12-2015, 07:05 PM
I don't know very much about anything.

But there is one thing I know. I know bit*hes. :D (Sorry ladies. That is an endearing term. I really like and respect all of you but I figure if I call y'all "bitches," I may earn some street cred with all the gangstas all up in the forum)

I am assuming you are pretty young and I just have to ask. Why such the need for a girlfriend? You are in the time of your life when you find out everything you like and dislike about girls so you need to hook up with a bunch of them to do your research

That is what you will base the girl you will marry on and solemnly sware never to sleep with anyone else. Did you see that? Never again will you be with someone else. This is big time adult shit that you cannot just treat as a goal

You are probably thinking about that girl because you may want her back, you have things that you still want to say or you don't like the fact that you may have failed at something

Maybe she was your first love and that girl will always rank as special

You can come to a conclusion as why you are thinking of her so much if you just do a bit of soul searching

mrslizzyg
07-13-2015, 09:36 AM
I have an ex I still think about sometimes- and I am married.

He was my first love, the kind where I was super naive and did a lot more for him than I ever should have lol.. But I honestly really, really cared about him A LOT.

The last time we broke up was like 6 years ago? And he still pop into my head on occasion.

You know what though? It's ok! I don't need to feel guilty about it. As long as my thoughts aren't effecting my marriage and aren't inappropriate, I think it's pretty natural. If someone was a big part of you life, you will always care about them in some way.

I think if you stop thinking about the fact that you ARE thinking about her- it won't bug you any more. It will start to become less and less. These thoughts don't MEAN anything.