PDA

View Full Version : Propranolol 40mg

Vikki Long
07-11-2015, 08:41 AM
Hi I'm on propranolol 40 mg and have been feeling OK, but the last 3 days I have suffered panic attacks and been really uneasy, I can't sleep because I'm on edge. I don't know what's wrong with me at the moment, but I feel really low and stressed. Can anyone give me any advise please, as I'm getting worse

LDE
07-11-2015, 09:57 AM
Hi I'm sorry you're feeling so bad =(
Do you have any fast acting anxiety medication? I have just been prescribed a daily med but also have one for panic attacks. If not maybe get in to your doctor and see if you need one or maybe they need to adjust your medication.

Vikki Long
07-11-2015, 10:04 AM
The propanolol is only a beta blocker. im due to see my doctor this month, will have to arrange to see her. never felt so rough in a long while.

LDE
07-11-2015, 10:16 AM
I'm really sorry. If it makes you feel better, you're not alone in this. Are you able to see a different doctor in the meantime? That's what I had to do yesterday because my primary doc isn't available for a month and I needed help "now" not a month from now.

Vikki Long
07-11-2015, 10:27 AM
I will try to see another doctor if cant see my regular one. its hard to trust people like. im glad I can talk to people who are like me. my family don't know whats going on and my partner doesn't seem to understand. he just tells me I need to pull my self together. I hope you start to feel better as well

LDE
07-11-2015, 10:37 AM
I hope you can see a different doctor. I think its hard for people who aren't like us to understand. I hear a lot of "snap out of it" and similar comments from family. Its nice that here we all understand each other. Thank you and I hope that you feel better as well. Keep me updated and best wishes to you.

Vikki Long
07-11-2015, 10:41 AM
thank you. i shall keep you date. best wishes as well