PDA

View Full Version : lexapro nausea? please help

KarMar
07-09-2015, 09:01 AM
I just went back on lexapro after a year off of it. I think it's already helping some of my anxiety symptoms but since i took it last night I have unbearable nausea and a burning feeling in my stomach. Tried zantac and pepto with no improvement. This never happened to me when I used to take it. I'm not sure I can handle this feeling for more than a day but I'm reading the initial side effects can last 2 weeks. I've tried eating crackers, water, coke...nothing is helping. Has anyone experienced this? I don't know how I am going to take it again tonight, but I really need it for anxiety.

mrslizzyg
07-09-2015, 11:55 AM
I have had this side effect with anti depressants before.

Have you tried going to the store and getting JUST anti-nausea medication? (sometimes called motion sickness pills)
those are the only thing that ever helped me..

it should ease away after a while but, there is no telling how long it could last.

good luck :)

Kuma
07-09-2015, 02:26 PM
Pharmacist might have some good suggestions too. I think they are an underutilized resource.

jessed03
07-09-2015, 03:52 PM
How long have you been back on the Lexapro, KarMar?

The symptoms you're experiencing are fairly common when taking an anti-depressant. If, however, you feel they're a little bit more intense than they should be, it's worth chatting to your GP or your pharm about them. Sometimes cutting the dose or taking an OTC remedy like Linz suggested can help.

livewell3
07-09-2015, 04:29 PM
Great thoughts and questions!