PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia

isaacA
07-07-2015, 09:57 PM
Anyone here with insomnia? Oh man I feel horrible without sleep so much I feel I can't push through it,, had it most of my life since I was a kid.

gypsylee
07-08-2015, 04:22 AM
Hi Isaac,

Yeah insomnia is my number one symptom and has been since I was a kid. It sucks big time but I'm not as bad as I used to be.

Kuma
07-08-2015, 10:21 AM
I have some trouble sleeping. Some nights, no problem at all. Other nights, big time problems. Depends on stress level, and some other things. There's stuff you can do about it, though. If you Google "sleep hygiene" you will find some suggestions. Beyond that, some people find that certain kinds of tea will help, such as Passion Flower tea or Chamomile tea. And there are OTC medications such as Unisom, and then a number of prescription sleep aids. I am not qualified to make medication recommendations, but you could talk with a doctor and see if you can get some relief. Long term sleep deprivation can cause other problems, so I would not just suffer in silence.

mrslizzyg
07-08-2015, 12:01 PM
Mine fluctuates... depending on my anxiety. Any high anxiety day I'm lucky if I get a good night sleep.

I've used melatonin the past to help, kind of hit or miss..

Tylenol PM has never failed me for those nights I'm really struggling & have to get up early..

isaacA
07-13-2015, 11:19 PM
Didn't check replys till now, ive really wanted to talk to a doctor about it but I would fear they would blow me off say my lifestyle may be the culprit. If I could get a good night's sleep a couple nights a week my life I think would be different.. sometime I feel like I can't function I don't have the energy to try

Kuma
07-14-2015, 10:12 AM
If the doc said your life style might be "the culprit" then maybe the doc would be right. I don't know, of course, but why would you be afraid to hear that? If you could make life style changes that would help you get better sleep, that would be a good thing, wouldn't it?

mrslizzyg
07-14-2015, 03:34 PM
You are right- good sleep is VERY important to your overall mood.

What are you missing out on by changing something in your lifestyle to at least give it a try? :)

isaacA
07-14-2015, 05:09 PM
I just need to exercise more you know, I probably have pent up energy I can see that. I do try though I could do alot more if I wasn't in a tired way.