PDA

View Full Version : Tics and twitches

Livehappily
07-04-2015, 11:08 AM
Hey,my name is billy and im new to this forum, you can read my post in the introduction if you haven't already :D

Is anybody here experience tics/twitches?? Just curious is is caused by anxiety or maybe like tourett syndrome or both :( who knows..

Mods, you can move/delete this thread if this is irelevant.. im still confused using this forum :p

drac16
07-04-2015, 01:22 PM
Hello, Billy. It's nice to have you here.

Yeah, I get twitches and I believe that it's a side effect of Seroquel, which is an anti-psychotic drug that I take. I never had twitches prior to Seroquel, but it happens me to now; typically I get them right after I take the medication. My arms and my shoulders twitch the most.

So, to make a long story short, I don't know if anxiety can cause twitching, but I know that medication can and, in some cases, does.

anxiousMike
07-04-2015, 01:38 PM
Absolutely anxiety can cause twitches. I get them a lot in my shoulders when my anxiety is high.

UwU
07-04-2015, 06:08 PM
I get twitches sometimes! At least a few times a day. I'm on medication, so it could be that as well, but anxiety's a possibility too. I generally get them in my hands and arms but sometimes my shoulders as well.