PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety on the weekend

matty_t
07-03-2015, 08:27 PM
I'm going to take a guess and say most people have worse anxiety on the weekend (let alone holidays?)...the loss of structure and deadlines that work gives us leads to inevitable stress..I'm sure I'm not alone. I'm a physicist working in theory, so I am always looking for new things to research and look at (and there is never enough physics to learn), though most weekends when things tend to cool down a little in pace, it sure hits me hard and I feel worse, especially in the mornings. My gf works on the weekends so we dont always have a chance at planning big day activities.

Does anyone have any advice on how to curb weekend anxiety?

JustaGal
07-03-2015, 08:57 PM
I'm going to take a guess and say most people have worse anxiety on the weekend (let alone holidays?)...the loss of structure and deadlines that work gives us leads to inevitable stress..I'm sure I'm not alone. I'm a physicist working in theory, so I am always looking for new things to research and look at (and there is never enough physics to learn), though most weekends when things tend to cool down a little in pace, it sure hits me hard and I feel worse, especially in the mornings. My gf works on the weekends so we dont always have a chance at planning big day activities.

Does anyone have any advice on how to curb weekend anxiety?

Yes, mine is worse on weekends... and kinda sad at times. My advice is - watch funny movies, exercise to relax after words, try to keep busy, use the down time to get stuff done so you can feel a sense of accomplishment.

gypsylee
07-03-2015, 09:06 PM
You could make a list of things to do, so you have some structure. Exercising is a good idea and is what I plan to do today (go for a walk). I used to get anxious if I didn't have stuff I had to do but I'm pretty good at keeping myself busy nowadays. Reading is another good activity :)

gypsylee
07-03-2015, 09:15 PM
You could even get into the latest anxiety craze http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-02/love-leads-to-adult-colouring-in-book-boom/6589906