PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else have difficulty thinking clearly?

UwU
07-03-2015, 03:27 PM
My anxiety has been worse lately, and I've found that my thinking can be really cloudy sometimes. For example, I'll try to think back to what I did yesterday and it will sometimes seem difficult because I'm too focused on other things that my brain kind of...jumps back and forth between what I'm anxious about and me trying to recall something. If that makes sense? Or I'll be anxious for no real reason, and I'll try to really think to get to the root cause of my anxiety, but my anxious mind won't settle down and let me focus on gathering the information I need. Can anyone relate?

jessed03
07-03-2015, 04:02 PM
This is a symptom of severe anxiety. And yes, I've had this problem, and I suffered from it for a very long time. :)

Out of interest, are you holding any strong emotions deep inside?

I've found 99 out of 100 people suffer from this particular anxiety symptom when their emotions become too strong to deal with. It's like they overflow and cause such psychosomatic symptoms.

gypsylee
07-03-2015, 06:56 PM
As Claire Weekes would say, "strange thought in a tired mind". The brain cannot function efficiently when it's set on high-alert all the time.

:)

MainerMikeBrown
07-03-2015, 07:07 PM
When my mind jumps from one thought to another, I often find that writing down my thoughts helps.

JustaGal
07-03-2015, 08:58 PM
My anxiety has been worse lately, and I've found that my thinking can be really cloudy sometimes. For example, I'll try to think back to what I did yesterday and it will sometimes seem difficult because I'm too focused on other things that my brain kind of...jumps back and forth between what I'm anxious about and me trying to recall something. If that makes sense? Or I'll be anxious for no real reason, and I'll try to really think to get to the root cause of my anxiety, but my anxious mind won't settle down and let me focus on gathering the information I need. Can anyone relate?

Yes. Forgot what I was going to say...

gypsylee
07-03-2015, 09:23 PM
yes. Forgot what i was going to say...

lol.......

UwU
07-04-2015, 07:32 AM
Thanks for all the responses, everyone! This makes me feel a lot better to know I'm not alone.

Im-Suffering
07-04-2015, 07:44 AM
Thanks for all the responses, everyone! This makes me feel a lot better to know I'm not alone.

There's love all around you. All .. of .. the .. time. It's your responsibility to see the outstretched hand. It's a choice.

Things that can blind you to the offerings (love, companion or friendship, enlightenment) that are right under your nose -

Abandonment
Abuse
Neglect
Fear
Hatred
Guilt
Shame
Blame
Victimization
Intolerance
Anger
Disconnection
Low esteem
Criticism
Judgment
False beliefs
Negative world view
Loss of love
Resentment
Death

Which of those do you struggle with and allow to separate you from fulfillment?

You want a root cause? You'll find it as you answer that question.

jessed03
07-04-2015, 08:43 AM
There's love all around you. All .. of .. the .. time. It's your responsibility to see the outstretched hand. It's a choice.

Things that can blind you to the offerings (love, companion or friendship, enlightenment) that are right under your nose -

Abandonment
Abuse
Neglect
Fear
Hatred
Guilt
Shame
Blame
Victimization
Intolerance
Anger
Disconnection
Low esteem
Criticism
Judgment
False beliefs
Negative world view
Loss of love
Resentment
Death

Which of those do you struggle with and allow to separate you from fulfillment?

You want a root cause? You'll find it as you answer that question.

Heck of a list. Yes, OP, take a read through it and see what stands out at you.

When this symptom was at its worst for me, I was suffering from several things on that list. I guess self-esteem was the worst, but it's hard to say.

I truly believe if you give this post some thought, you'll get past your problem. Not only that, but you'll reduce the risk of other illnesses later on in life.

Sorry if my post is a little vague and lacking in examples from my own life. The sun's so bright I can barely see my screen.

UwU
07-04-2015, 06:07 PM
Thanks! That definitely is a helpful list. Looking through it, what stands out to me is:
Abandonment, fear, guilt, shame, disconnection, low self-esteem, and negative world view. Perhaps these are topics I can bring up with my therapist.

JustaGal
07-04-2015, 09:58 PM
lol.......

lol! : D

When you have survived what we have, a laugh is well deserved!