PDA

View Full Version : Please Help!

elphie
12-27-2005, 05:44 PM
hi everyone! i'm new here and need some help

i was diagnosed with GAD.

my main worry is my parents. of course its all in my head b/c they don't do anything to show any problems and have been very happy together for 21 years and as all couples do, they sometimes get annoyed with one another and argue.

i try to figure things out and try to keep everyone happy. everyone tells me to just let it go, but that is sooo much more said easier than done.

all of a sudden i get all panicked and start crying! i'm getting sick of always having the butterflies and worrying about things that arent happening!!! :shock:

i'm taking medicine and after about 6 weeks it has seemed to take a break on me!!

any comfort or suggestions??

thanks!
:lol:

shoe
12-29-2005, 07:21 AM
elphie, have u discussed the problems with the medications not being as effective with your doctor or psychiatrist? I don't have GAD but I know I do occassionally get into anxious moments where I have a ton of worries all crowding my mind and drowning me. I sometimes try to change my focus on something I have control over, or something which gives me some peace, or at least distracts me. I don't know what would work for someone with constant anxiety about things though.. I can only hope you can work something out with your doctor that will help..

Laura
12-30-2005, 09:24 AM
I agree with Shoe that talking to your Dr. is a great idea. Meds. do work but cognitave therapy often goes along with it . I wish you well ! Keep coming back to us, it sure helps to have people that understand.