PDA

View Full Version : Coincidences and Anxiety

_David_
07-02-2015, 02:45 PM
Hello guys,

I've started to experience something that I think is related to anxiety: every time I am being paranoid about something, and I start to be anxious about it, I suddenly hear and read things that are related to my subject of paranoia. Is this normal?

Sometimes this thing drives me crazy. I find correlations in everything and people start to say things like they know what I'm thinking. And if, for some reasons, I finally convince myself that I'm being paranoid about a stupid thing, after a while I will probably read/hear something which will lead me to think about that paranoid thought again.

Do you guys ever experience this?

Thanks!

gypsylee
07-02-2015, 07:32 PM
Hi David,

Yeah I know what you mean. I think it happens because you're sensitive to seeing those things, whereas normally you wouldn't notice them. Like when you're buying a new car and you see car ads everywhere. There's that much info around us these days with the internet, TV etc that we block most of it out. But if you're paranoid about something your brain will actually notice it.

Hope that helps,
Gypsy x

_David_
07-04-2015, 12:46 PM
Thanks gypsylle, that really helped!

I would also like to ask another question: why my brain always try to trick me into believing something, even if I know it's not true?

Every time I have a doubt that cause me anxiety, it will still haunt me even if I proved it to be wrong. It doesn't matter if I solved that doubt with rational and logical thinking, my brain will still try to find reasons to demonstrate why what I believe in must be wrong.

They're usually illogical thoughts that doesn't prove anything, but I can't stop thinking about it. If, for example, I'm sure that 2*2 = 4, I will still keep thinking that maybe 2*2 = 5, just because I once read a guy saying that.

They're thoughts like that: they doesn't prove my believes to be wrong in any way, but they keep the doubt alive.

Any suggestions to overcome this?

Thanks!

Im-Suffering
07-04-2015, 01:50 PM
your brain has not much to do with it. These issues transcend the physical. The psyche is not physical but enmeshed in it. Whatever you experience from a physical standpoint is the tail end or result of a psychological event

persistant doubt turns to worry, and over time brooding over the worries turn to fears, and fears to a heightened anxious state, which continually questions itself. it (you) is not grounded in the knowing secure state of spirit, and has effectively cut itself off from its source.

Without souce, or the guidance of the inner self, you begin to fear for your tomorrows. From faulty value judgments the world appears unsafe. you begin to question everything, as reason crumbles down upon itself, even 2+2 becomes devastating in that the psyche falls apart without the stabilizing influences from within.

get back in touch with inner source by following the anxious thoughts back to their core, using questions, like 'why'. why am i feeling this way? involve source back in your life. and start to listen.

gypsylee
07-04-2015, 07:08 PM
Thanks gypsylle, that really helped!

I would also like to ask another question: why my brain always try to trick me into believing something, even if I know it's not true?

Every time I have a doubt that cause me anxiety, it will still haunt me even if I proved it to be wrong. It doesn't matter if I solved that doubt with rational and logical thinking, my brain will still try to find reasons to demonstrate why what I believe in must be wrong.

They're usually illogical thoughts that doesn't prove anything, but I can't stop thinking about it. If, for example, I'm sure that 2*2 = 4, I will still keep thinking that maybe 2*2 = 5, just because I once read a guy saying that.

They're thoughts like that: they doesn't prove my believes to be wrong in any way, but they keep the doubt alive.

Any suggestions to overcome this?

Thanks!

I agree with Im-Suffering regarding the "heightened anxious state" but i believe it has everything to do with your brain. When the mind/brain is in this state it simply doesn't work properly. When your nervous system is in balance you just don't think things like 2+2=5 because you have better things to think about! In the anxious state you're kind of stuck in this obsessive, weird mode of thinking, which is not your optimal state. You're only meant to be anxious long enough to fight off a predator or run away from it but people with anxiety disorders stay like that. I was like that for the most part of 20 years lol.

Anyway, I think I'm saying a similar thing to Im-Suffering, we just differ on a few assumptions :)

Oh and suggestions for overcoming it: deal with the anxiety disorder and you won't think weird things anymore because your brain will function properly!

_David_
07-07-2015, 05:04 AM
Thanks, guys! I'll try to do that.

elharto
07-07-2015, 10:37 AM
I think it's because there are parts of you that notice things a little too much and when that happens, the little things tend to get bigger and somehow correlate with everything you see and do. I think what you can do to fix this is to think to yourself what is true and correct, and if you have a hard time telling the difference between truth and fallacy, ask help from others.

dwizzite
07-07-2015, 06:05 PM
First of all... your ideas of being a "stupid thing" is according to who...?

There is so much guilt in your message man.

Just allow the thoughts in and don't beat yourself up about it. I too experience shitty thoughts and I accept that there's a part of my mind that is constantly seeking to sabotage everything I've created for myself, but I don't take action on those thoughts.

Whatever thoughts you have, allow them and don't judge yourself. When you create useful thoughts and take action on those thoughts, THAT'S WHERE AWESOME SH*T HAPPENS.