PDA

View Full Version : My Struggle

Mgoutsaliouk53
07-01-2015, 06:52 AM
I've been waiting to get this off my chest for quite some time now. I'm a 20 year old kid going through some serious problems with anxiety. When I was 18 years old and in my senior year of high school, I began to have episodes of insomnia. After a few months with the insomnia, my anxiety began to become worse and worse. I was able to make it through my senior year and went off to college the next year in a different state. My anxiety got a little worse during my first semester but I was still able to pull a 3.6 GPA. I then returned to school for my second semester, but I was only able to make it through half the semester because my insomnia and anxiety had become so bad. I returned home and my insomnia and anxiety seemed to cool off. Lately though my insomnia has been getting much worse. I'm not on any medication. I do frequently self-medicate myself with marijuana, but the effects are hit and miss. I believe I may have Borderline Personality Disorder because I exhibit some of the symptoms. I can't keep living my life in this shitty way. I know and believe that I can get better, but I just need help.

gypsylee
07-01-2015, 07:00 AM
Hey and welcome :)

My anxiety got out of control at that age as well. Good work reaching out for help; there are some great people here.

Take a look at some of the posts -- it's always therapeutic to read what others go through. I spent a year just reading whenever I was anxious before even posting anything.

All the best to you,
Gypsy x