PDA

View Full Version : a couple of things

mrslizzyg
06-30-2015, 01:41 PM
Ok so! Couple new things to share with you guys here.

First one being, my husband did not know I was part of this forum until yesterday.

I almost had a panic attack when it came to him finding out.. but, I WAS WRONG. (as anxiety usually is.. lol)

He was actually very kind and understanding about me having this place to talk to you guys. He read through some of my posts and even said it gave him some insight to how I was feeling at the time, things I didn't communicate to him.. and also gave him some great advice for me as well.

SO I wanted to share that part. I was very pleasantly surprised with the reaction..

I debated deleting my account and discontinuing this forum.. Because I'm not sure if he will be on here to read everything I post now, which for me takes away from it being my"safe place" and I did explain that to him..
BUT.. I have decided against deleting my account. You guys have truly helped me through these last few weeks and I love being able to help others on here..

So yea.. My husband and I seem to have hit a ground of doing very well. :) We are communicating together a lot better than we were a few weeks ago.

Second thing to share:

I decided to "self"(yes I know, don't want to hear it :) ) start myself back on sertraline(Zoloft) I had some refills left from about a year ago. This is a pill that made me lose weight pretty fast... I didn't get too many other side effects. It really helped my mood the first time around.
BUT I am immediately regretting the decision to go back on this. One day in and I have nausea, headaches, upset stomach, fatigue, anxiety, dry mouth.. Ugh I HATE MY LIFE today to be honest! LOL. This just reminds me of why I gave up on meds. I can't even tell you how many I have tried in the past... so I doubt I'll keep taking them. I know it "takes time" and sh*t I've been around the block but I have things to do and all these side effects are making them all VERY difficult.

That's my update for today..

Anxiety blows... just sayin.

NixonRulz
06-30-2015, 02:02 PM
Good that you two are getting on better than you have

My wife knows I am here a bunch and knows most of the people because it can become a soap opera but she doesn't ever come on. I think she believes she will catch anxiety

If you are concerned, make another account from a different email and don't use your photo or just pick an avatar, say a guy vomiting or something

Push through the pills for 2 weeks. Then decide if you really can't handle them. Bet you can.

mrslizzyg
06-30-2015, 02:06 PM
Good that you two are getting on better than you have

My wife knows I am here a bunch and knows most of the people because it can become a soap opera but she doesn't ever come on. I think she believes she will catch anxiety

If you are concerned, make another account from a different email and don't use your photo or just pick an avatar, say a guy vomiting or something

Push through the pills for 2 weeks. Then decide if you really can't handle them. Bet you can.

Yea, I'm curious if he can even remember the name of the forum or how to get here... but we will see, I guess. :)

LOL, yes, you can "catch" anxiety.. like a cold.. that's super funny.

Well JEEZ way to go and ruin my whole plan with an incognito account! lol jk. I will just keep this one..

ugh, 2 weeks if forever feeling like this. Maybe I will maybe I won't. at least I don't have a doctor yelling at me about it.

Kuma
06-30-2015, 02:35 PM
I can see how it might not be so bad for your husband to see what you wrote at the time. I mean, having a private outlet is good too. But he probably did not fully understand how you were feeling -- and reading what you wrote at the time might help. Anyway, I am happy to hear some progress.... Don't disappear from this forum. You add value here.

Im-Suffering
06-30-2015, 02:36 PM
As we suggested weeks ago, it would be good to share what has been written here, and it was.

He is your team-mate in life. Give him the site addy, the account name, and trust him. If this is abhorrent a thought to you, then you better start examining your value judgments.

Abhorrent : utterly opposed, or contrary, or in conflict with.

This time, vow to start anew differently. Or you will repeat yet again a cycle of hurt every so often.