PDA

View Full Version : Sae the Mope Queen

sae
06-29-2015, 10:26 PM
Generally I handle being alone quite well these days, but then again I am alone far less these days also. I have been alone exactly 6 minutes and I am already done with this alone bs. The anxiety came and went in just the span of a couple minutes and now I am just plain mopey.
It's been a weird few days. I managed to damage a rotator cuff... get this... dusting. Getting old blows. I have had all kinda of help and companionship the past couple of days, but now it is back to normal here. I am alooooOooOoOone, hehe, and unable to raise my right arm or grip anything with it. Now the stupid what if's are kicking up. What if I slip in the shower etc. Doesn't help this motrin bs is doing nothing for pain. Grouchy.
This business makes me realize though my youth is fading further away. I don't like this thought. This kind of thinking always leads back to my eternal mortality crisis. And so now I have the mopes.

Saldav
06-29-2015, 10:31 PM
Generally I handle being alone quite well these days, but then again I am alone far less these days also. I have been alone exactly 6 minutes and I am already done with this alone bs. The anxiety came and went in just the span of a couple minutes and now I am just plain mopey.
It's been a weird few days. I managed to damage a rotator cuff... get this... dusting. Getting old blows. I have had all kinda of help and companionship the past couple of days, but now it is back to normal here. I am alooooOooOoOone, hehe, and unable to raise my right arm or grip anything with it. Now the stupid what if's are kicking up. What if I slip in the shower etc. Doesn't help this motrin bs is doing nothing for pain. Grouchy.
This business makes me realize though my youth is fading further away. I don't like this thought. This kind of thinking always leads back to my eternal mortality crisis. And so now I have the mopes.

Hi tracy did you ever take your nap?

sae
06-29-2015, 10:46 PM
Hi tracy did you ever take your nap?

Eventually I did. Took a little bit to settle comfortably. Woke up an hour later drooling so I must have slept hard.

Saldav
06-29-2015, 11:15 PM
Eventually I did. Took a little bit to settle comfortably. Woke up an hour later drooling so I must have slept hard.

Haha.........

Im-Suffering
06-30-2015, 06:19 AM
Home is where the heart is, and (in simple terms) the heart is your sanctuary. Open it for relief.

Open the heart as you would your home to loving guests.

Dahila
06-30-2015, 08:51 AM
Sae how old are you? Just remember I am older than you. Do you have injury in the arm? Maybe you overworked it and you need rest. In my hundred years I had numb arm only when overworked not with anxiety:))

Kuma
06-30-2015, 09:16 AM
I like the phrase "mope queen." Maybe you should change your name to saemq.

sae
06-30-2015, 08:17 PM
Sae how old are you? Just remember I am older than you. Do you have injury in the arm? Maybe you overworked it and you need rest. In my hundred years I had numb arm only when overworked not with anxiety:))

I'm 34, going on 80. Final verdict, small tear in the rotator cuff. Nothing that warrants surgery or anything, just have to keep myself from using it. Shouldn't be too hard since i can't close my hand or raise my arm. I know when it happened I think, I just can't believe I did it dusting a ceiling fan.
It feels a little better today. My hand isn't purple anymore and Aleve is starting to take the edge off. My liver panel came back a little sickly so no pain pills for me... sad day. I managed most of today by myself just fine, even for having slept nearly 16 hours straight (I guess the surge of energy I had has officially passed). Now to one hand a pan of ribs out of the oven and separate for future dinners. Yay.

sae
06-30-2015, 08:19 PM
I like the phrase "mope queen." Maybe you should change your name to saemq.

Moping isn't near as fun as it sounds. The title of Mope Queen goes to my daughter, usually. Teenagers are apparently hard wired to mope even on their best days.

needtogetwell
06-30-2015, 08:26 PM
Moping isn't near as fun as it sounds. The title of Mope Queen goes to my daughter, usually. Teenagers are apparently hard wired to mope even on their best days.

Because I too have a moping teenager, I have a dog. At least someone is happy to see me when I come home. Lol :)

Kuma
07-01-2015, 11:54 AM
I often wish my teens would go upstairs and mope. At least moping is (usually) a quiet activity.

sae
07-01-2015, 12:01 PM
I often wish my teens would go upstairs and mope. At least moping is (usually) a quiet activity.

Oh its quiet sometimes.. but usually it is filled with loud sighs and death glares.

needtogetwell
07-01-2015, 12:11 PM
Oh its quiet sometimes.. but usually it is filled with loud sighs and death glares.

Oooh, the death glares, I forgot about those! I get the occasional growl and grunt from mine.