PDA

View Full Version : olanzapine 5mg

Saldav
06-28-2015, 03:51 PM
I was just put on this med, I haven't took one yet till tonite. Has anyone been on this med and what could you tell me about it.
Thank you in advance.

needtogetwell
06-28-2015, 03:57 PM
Not familiar with that particular med, but my son takes resperidone, which is in the same class of drugs. Works wonders so I would think what you are taking would be good too.

Dahila
06-28-2015, 05:32 PM
It is Seroquel, and Sald are you bipolar btw? It is anti-psychotic medication. Unfortunately it causes a significant weight gain, and should not be prescribed to overweight patients. Maybe that small dose is going to work very well for you :)) Nice to see you back man:)

Saldav
06-28-2015, 06:59 PM
It is Seroquel, and Sald are you bipolar btw? It is anti-psychotic medication. Unfortunately it causes a significant weight gain, and should not be prescribed to overweight patients. Maybe that small dose is going to work very well for you :)) Nice to see you back man:)

I'm not bipolar, i suffer from anxiety and depression, lately I've lost the want to go outside or basically do anything. I was taking quetiapine which is seroquel, so I don't understand how olanzapine is also seroquel. Could someone please explain.

needtogetwell
06-28-2015, 07:08 PM
I don't believe it is the same as seroquel, it just belongs to the same class of drugs.

I went online to look your med up, although I am not familiar with that one in particular, it is in the same group as seroquel and respiradone.

Hope it works for you.

Saldav
06-28-2015, 07:15 PM
I don't believe it is the same as seroquel, it just belongs to the same class of drugs.

I went online to look your med up, although I am not familiar with that one in particular, it is in the same group as seroquel and respiradone.

Hope it works for you.

Thank you for your time.

gypsylee
06-28-2015, 07:26 PM
Olanzapine is Zyprexa, which is similar to Seroquel. I've been on both and they're good short-term for severe anxiety (they knock you out) but not much else.

NixonRulz
06-28-2015, 07:27 PM
Kinda like roofies

At least that is what I'm told

gypsylee
06-28-2015, 07:29 PM
Kinda like roofies

Yeah these things even knock ME out.

Saldav
06-28-2015, 07:32 PM
Olanzapine is Zyprexa, which is similar to Seroquel. I've been on both and they're good short-term for severe anxiety (they knock you out) but not much else.

What dosage were you on?

Saldav
06-28-2015, 07:36 PM
Yeah these things even knock ME out.

What do you mean they even knock you out?

gypsylee
06-28-2015, 07:36 PM
I can't remember because it was about 15 years ago. 10mg maybe?

I mean I have a high tolerance for sedatives :)

gypsylee
06-28-2015, 07:48 PM
Mind you, if you've been on Seroquel you'll have a tolerance for anti-psychotics already.

Dahila
06-28-2015, 08:35 PM
Kinda like roofies

What's roofies?