PDA

View Full Version : Hypochondria

TrueTimmy
06-28-2015, 09:58 AM
Hi guys, my name is Timothy. I'm a 17 year old, 5'7, 167 pounds. Recently I have developed a very life changing mental state. It all started whenever I woke up one morning with pain in my shoulder radiating to my jaw, so I decided to Google the symptoms to see what's going on. Well, the results made me freak out, it said I'm having a heart attack so I start to think, I'm 17 why would I have a heart attack? Oh wait, I don't eat healthy what so ever, I eat out a lot, and don't eat many fruits or vegetables so I start to think. Am I really having a heart attack, I just try to calm down. The pain goes away for the most part after a few hours, then the same thing happens the next morning I wake up with this shoulder pain, but I'm shaking really bad and I feel cold. I think something is wrong with me, I ask my grandmother to take me to urgent care, I get to urgent care, I have high blood pressure 152/99. They do an X-Ray on my shoulder to see if anything is wrong. Nothing is wrong with my shoulder, they send me home with a inflammatory medication. Well, the next night I wake up freaking out shaking in chest pains, cold, the works. I think I'm dying, I ask my grandmother to schedule me a doctors appointment with a real doctor. So I get to the doctors office, they take my blood pressure the lady goes "Your blood pressure is really." She didn't say the number though, well fast forward the doctor gets in there. Ask what's wrong, I tell him, he suspects its Anxiety, and then puts me on Zoloft. He doesn't run any test or anything. I've been on Zoloft for almost two weeks, my breathing has gotten better but I don't really have much of an appetite, I fear a lot of foods with saturated fat, cholesterol, anything that increases risk of Heart Disease, because I'm scared to death I might just have a heart attack one day due to my poor diet. The chest pains, arm pains, lack of appetite, constant worrying of what foods I eat (That's never been like me I've always ate what I want any never been worried too much about it, I'm not overweight or anything.). I'm just scared, and I need to know if anyone else is like me. This has been a dramatic change in my life, and I'd like a some advice and a peace of mind.

needtogetwell
06-28-2015, 10:59 AM
Hi Timothy.

Scary stuff, especially for someone so young. I'm probably close to your grandmothers age and when my anxiety kicks up and I get those odd pains I freak out a little too. But I know it's just anxiety and I ignore it.

The first thing I'm going to tell you is really really important. DO NOT GOOGLE SYMPTOMS, EVER!!!!! All that's going to get you is into a complete panic and that's not what you want.

Glad the medicine is starting to work, it's going to take a couple more weeks or so to really kick in, so you can look forward to that.

As for your diet, eat sensibly. At 17 now is a good time to get into good eating habits. Fruits vegetables, good protein, that the best way to go. Ease up on the take away, or anything that is prepackaged. Ease up on too much sugar, that includes soda and sweets.

Don't worry so much about cholesterol, your body is still growing and it needs the cholesterol to make hormones and stuff.

Last but not least, know that you are going to be alright, just carry on with your days and everything will get better.

Cheers!

TrueTimmy
06-28-2015, 11:09 AM
Hi Timothy.

Scary stuff, especially for someone so young. I'm probably close to your grandmothers age and when my anxiety kicks up and I get those odd pains I freak out a little too. But I know it's just anxiety and I ignore it.

The first thing I'm going to tell you is really really important. DO NOT GOOGLE SYMPTOMS, EVER!!!!! All that's going to get you is into a complete panic and that's not what you want.

Glad the medicine is starting to work, it's going to take a couple more weeks or so to really kick in, so you can look forward to that.

As for your diet, eat sensibly. At 17 now is a good time to get into good eating habits. Fruits vegetables, good protein, that the best way to go. Ease up on the take away, or anything that is prepackaged. Ease up on too much sugar, that includes soda and sweets.

Don't worry so much about cholesterol, your body is still growing and it needs the cholesterol to make hormones and stuff.

Last but not least, know that you are going to be alright, just carry on with your days and everything will get better.

Cheers!
Thank you for your reply. I really hope I will be okay. I've started taking a multi-vitamin, fish oil, and magnesium to maybe help with my anxiety. One issue that's really annoying is my loss of appetite. But, I'm sure I'll get back to eating right when the medicine starts working for me. If I'm correct, Heart Attack Symptoms don't drag on for weeks? So, it's not really realistic for me to be having a heart attack if I've had these pains for weeks.

needtogetwell
06-28-2015, 11:22 AM
Thank you for your reply. I really hope I will be okay. I've started taking a multi-vitamin, fish oil, and magnesium to maybe help with my anxiety. One issue that's really annoying is my loss of appetite. But, I'm sure I'll get back to eating right when the medicine starts working for me. If I'm correct, Heart Attack Symptoms don't drag on for weeks? So, it's not really realistic for me to be having a heart attack if I've had these pains for weeks.

You are a smart guy Timothy. You already are more than half way there realizing that serious heart related issues don't drag on for weeks, especially in an healthy 17 year old.

You are going to do just great! Of that I have no doubt. As for the eating thing, if you can just try to eat something periodically through the day, maybe soup or cheese and crackers, something healthy, even a few bites will help you maintain energy and blood sugar levels. By the way, good choice with the vitamins and supplements. I would caution you that sometimesagmesium can make you have to run to the toilet in a hurry, so don't take more than is recommended, but don't worry, if it happens it is not dangerous, just cut back a little on the amount you take. Magmesium is fantastic for helping with anxiety.

Sorry about the spelling errors, my iPhone hates me and puts silly autocorrect words where I don't want them.

Let us know how you progress.

TrueTimmy
06-28-2015, 11:35 AM
You are a smart guy Timothy. You already are more than half way there realizing that serious heart related issues don't drag on for weeks, especially in an healthy 17 year old.

You are going to do just great! Of that I have no doubt. As for the eating thing, if you can just try to eat something periodically through the day, maybe soup or cheese and crackers, something healthy, even a few bites will help you maintain energy and blood sugar levels. By the way, good choice with the vitamins and supplements. I would caution you that sometimesagmesium can make you have to run to the toilet in a hurry, so don't take more than is recommended, but don't worry, if it happens it is not dangerous, just cut back a little on the amount you take. Magmesium is fantastic for helping with anxiety.

Sorry about the spelling errors, my iPhone hates me and puts silly autocorrect words where I don't want them.

Let us know how you progress.

I guess its worth saying my grandfather died recently just randomly. He was like a father to me because my grandparents have had me ever since I was 6th months old. He died from dementia, and just a decline of health. I've had a stressful past few months, and it's been so stressful with my hypochondria like symptoms. I've never really liked any fruits and vegetables. What would you recommend I start off with?

needtogetwell
06-28-2015, 12:01 PM
I guess its worth saying my grandfather died recently just randomly. He was like a father to me because my grandparents have had me ever since I was 6th months old. He died from dementia, and just a decline of health. I've had a stressful past few months, and it's been so stressful with my hypochondria like symptoms. I've never really liked any fruits and vegetables. What would you recommend I start off with?

I'm sorry about you losing your grandfather. Dementia is a nasty disease, I know, my husbands mother has it and she now has to be in a nursing home.

Losing someone that close to you is very difficult, give yourself permission and time to grieve. Remember all the great things about him. Just those happy thoughts can help your anxiety levels. If you find yourself missing him, talk to your grandmother about it, maybe ask her to tell you stories about how he was before you were born. That's something special you and your grandmother can share.

Anyway, fruits and veggies.... I have to ask, what part of the world you live in. I kind of need to know that because what I may suggest may not be available where you are.

TrueTimmy
06-28-2015, 12:03 PM
I live in North Carolina. I like corn on the cob, and baked potatoes. That's pretty much it. For me a lot of the times, it's about the texture and feel. I like orange flavor, and strawberry flavor, but I never really do eat them. I don't know :(.

needtogetwell
06-28-2015, 12:18 PM
Ok , North Carolina.....you have lots of options!

How about starting off with bananas. Apples and strawberries are also good, but if texture is an issue then the strawberries might bug you. Any berries you get the biggest nutritional bang for your buck. Blueberries, raspberries, blackberries.

For veggies, if you like crunchy, how about some celery and carrots ( you can get bags of mini carrots) with some type of dip. I like those things raw, cooked carrots are disgusting to me but to each his own.

Cooked broccoli and cauliflower are great with a cheese sauce. That's the only way my husband will eat them. Kind of like a big kid, have to hide the green stuff under a sauce.

What kind of veggies does your grandmother cook? Maybe you could just try a taste each time she cooks something. Our tastes change as we get older, so what you may not have liked before you might just find it not too bad mow.

TrueTimmy
06-28-2015, 12:22 PM
She doesn't really cook. :(

TrueTimmy
06-28-2015, 12:25 PM
I've been living off fast food for a while now. I'm surprised that I'm not overweight.

needtogetwell
06-28-2015, 12:30 PM
So, there's a challenge for you. Why don't you learn to cook? Some of the best cooks and chefs are men!

Start small and easy. Google something like " cooking 101 or cooking for dummies. ( please don't think I'm referring to you as a dummy, I'm not, it's just a series of books and things even websites that are for people just learning.) you can manage your way around a computer, you can easily manage the kitchen! It's not hard.

I'm just curious, are you done high school yet or are you going into your senior year?

TrueTimmy
06-28-2015, 12:36 PM
I'm going into my senior year of High School.

needtogetwell
06-28-2015, 12:53 PM
That's so exciting! But I guess it's a bit stressful too. Time to start thinking about what you want to do with your life. Argggghhhh! Decisions decisions!

Anyway, I've given you quite a bit of food for thought. Take each day at a time. If a whole day is tough break it down to hour by hour. Every day or hour you get through without being too anxious treat it as a huge success! Bit by bit you will have more hours and days that are better than before!

Cheers Timothy! Enjoy the rest of your day.

I'm around most of the time if you have any more questions.

Pam

TrueTimmy
06-28-2015, 12:55 PM
Do you have any advice for me about my fear of unhealthy food? I cannot seem to get enjoyment out of all the foods I used to love. I'm just frighted of them ever since I learned the amounts of saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium. Like, I'm 17, I shouldn't be worrying about these things but I cannot help it. How can I enjoy eating these foods again? Yesterday, I got home from Florida, on the way home we stopped at Five Guys Burgers and Fries. I got a cheeseburger and fries because I really used to love them. But, I just had anxiety while eating it. 130% of the daily recommended amount of saturated fat. I just couldn't stop worrying about how unhealthy this is and its going to kill me. Then I start to think, but I've ate like this all my life? Oh god, I'm going to have a heart attack. I just wanna get over this. I wanna be able to eat foods I used to love, and incorporate healthier foods into my diet. I've always felt pretty good until recently when I got this anxiety. Which was sometime in the last two months. I just never did notice it until I started worrying about the harsh physical symptoms it was giving me. Anxiety is tough, it's like being teased with a sickness for a long time, and you have to slowly suffer through it hoping you make it to the next day.

TrueTimmy
06-28-2015, 01:35 PM
Did you get notified about my question/venting paragraph? Lol.

TrueTimmy
06-28-2015, 02:54 PM
That's so exciting! But I guess it's a bit stressful too. Time to start thinking about what you want to do with your life. Argggghhhh! Decisions decisions!

Anyway, I've given you quite a bit of food for thought. Take each day at a time. If a whole day is tough break it down to hour by hour. Every day or hour you get through without being too anxious treat it as a huge success! Bit by bit you will have more hours and days that are better than before!

Cheers Timothy! Enjoy the rest of your day.

I'm around most of the time if you have any more questions.

Pam

So, I'm trying my first salad today. But my main meal isn't healthy really. Should I be worried?

needtogetwell
06-28-2015, 03:35 PM
Don't be worried at all. Adding a salad is a huge step in the right direction.

Slowly but surely, add something new or at least try. Dealing with the anxiety is just the same, one step at a time. Consider it a huge win if you eat the salad with whatever else.

If you drink soda, trade 1soda a day for a bottle or a glass of water. Slowly try to eliminate soda for healthier options.

You aren't going to change your eating habits over night. You would be miserable if you did.

Now, about the saturated fats and cholesterol. Don't go nuts trying to avoid them all together right away. Heart disease doesn't happen over night. Slowly make better choices.

Being aware of these things at your age is HUGE! It will set you up for a lifetime of healthy living. As you make better choices, and eat less packaged chemical Kaiden foods, your body will thank you. It will likely help a bit with your anxiety too.

The theme for this post is this, take it all slowly, one step, one hour, one meal at a time. It all adds up.

needtogetwell
06-28-2015, 03:41 PM
One other really important.

You can not change what happened yesterday. It is over and done with. The only thing you can control is YOUR actions right now. Forget about the future, it will be right now soon enough and then you can deal with it.

What if thinking is just your anxious mind trying to get you to play the what if game. Refuse to play.

TrueTimmy
06-28-2015, 03:44 PM
Thank you!! So, I have a weird symptom. Whenever I make a noise vocally or laugh, SOMETIMES my chest gets a weird feeling. Like, not hurting. But, just like maybe popping in my chest. It's like radiating popping. I don't know, it worries me some. It seems to only happen when I don't laugh or make a sound for a while but then I laugh or make a sound for the first time in a while. Oh, and I know heart disease doesn't develop overnight, but I'm afraid it has developed over my teen years of living off junk food. :(

needtogetwell
06-28-2015, 03:53 PM
Right now you are just over sensitive to every little normal sensation in your chest. Don't worry about it. It is all good and if you weren't in this anxious state you wouldn't give it a second thought.

As for food in your teen years, again, don't worry about it. The male teenage body has a remarkable ability to chew through any form of calories it is given without any lasting damage. I know this because my son is almost 16 and could eat a mountain of chicken nuggets and fries, drink a gallon of Pepsi, then go for the cookies, cakes or whatever sweet stuff he can find. I'm not worried about it, he eats the odd bit oh apple or celery.

The best thing is you are aware of this now and can make good choices, just don't entirely give up on what you really like, your tastes will come back.

TrueTimmy
06-28-2015, 04:00 PM
Thank you. You're a really sweet lady. What providence in Canada do you live in? I've been to Ontario, near Thunder Bay.

needtogetwell
06-28-2015, 04:07 PM
I live in Ontario, a place called Barrie. It is about an hour north of Toronto which is the biggest city in the province. Actually, it is also the biggest city in Canada.

And thank you for the compliment. I'm just doing for you what I would do for my own son if he was in the same situation.

You are a really good guy and will go far in life! Don't you ever forget that.

TrueTimmy
06-28-2015, 04:18 PM
Thank you! I just tried a ceaser salad. I really didn't like it all, I just couldn't stand the taste? Could salad just not be my thing?

needtogetwell
06-28-2015, 04:49 PM
Nah, Caesar salad is a pretty strong flavour. Not everyone likes it. Don't give up on salads, just a plain garden salad maybe with some bacon ranch dressing is pretty easy to deal with. Bacon makes everything better. And don't be afraid of bacon, yes it's full of fat but you would have to eat a pound a day over a month or threeto do any damage.

Remember, you are trying new things. That's a HUGE step ahead. Bravo for trying.

Tomorrow try a fruit. Apple, banana whatever.

On the Caesar salad thing it takes a long time to find one you like. Most places I know don't make them well.

TrueTimmy
06-28-2015, 04:57 PM
Nah, Caesar salad is a pretty strong flavour. Not everyone likes it. Don't give up on salads, just a plain garden salad maybe with some bacon ranch dressing is pretty easy to deal with. Bacon makes everything better. And don't be afraid of bacon, yes it's full of fat but you would have to eat a pound a day over a month or threeto do any damage.

Remember, you are trying new things. That's a HUGE step ahead. Bravo for trying.

Tomorrow try a fruit. Apple, banana whatever.

On the Caesar salad thing it takes a long time to find one you like. Most places I know don't make them well.

Lettuce didn't seem like my thing, I don't know it might have been the dressing. I'm not use to having any sort of dressing on my foods.

needtogetwell
06-28-2015, 05:04 PM
Don't give up, you could be right. Lettuce may not be your thing.

Just be open to trying something. Eventually you will find something you like. My son only likes apples and celery. But that's ok. You will find something, just give it a chance.

Something new every other day is a great goal.
What was the rest of your meal? I bet it wasn't as bad as you may think.

TrueTimmy
06-28-2015, 05:11 PM
Don't give up, you could be right. Lettuce may not be your thing.

Just be open to trying something. Eventually you will find something you like. My son only likes apples and celery. But that's ok. You will find something, just give it a chance.

Something new every other day is a great goal.
What was the rest of your meal? I bet it wasn't as bad as you may think.

Fried Calabash Chicken, Fried Calabash Shrimp, and French Fries. The sodium on it was absurdly high. Like 3800mg, I didn't eat all of it though.

TrueTimmy
06-28-2015, 05:30 PM
Just, I hate eating like that. I feel like I'm killing myself. It worries me every time now. I eat like this all the time, and it's just coming back and I'm thinking I've had some major damage done to my heart. I wish I didn't think like this. :(

needtogetwell
06-28-2015, 05:33 PM
Well, next time , if you have an option of a baked potato rather than fries that would be a better choice. It's Sunday! We all have to live a little.

Don't stress about it, tomorrow you have another chance to make a healthier choice.

So, how have your anxiety levels been in the last couple of hours? You certainly seem like you have calmed down a bit.

Time for me to have supper, Chinese take out for me! See even I eat fast food. And yup, I like it!

TrueTimmy
06-28-2015, 05:35 PM
I'm a little worried about what I ate, I feel like I'm fueling my heart attack. :(

needtogetwell
06-28-2015, 05:38 PM
So much for my question about your stress level.

What you put into your mouth is entirely in your control. You are just learning, cut yourself some slack.

You have not done anything to your heart, it's strong, young and healthy. Just remember to make good choices.

Also, when you start thinking about the your heart, just tell yourself to cut it out! Go do something you like, even something you don't like a change of place can help you focus on something else.

Ok? Now I'm going to go eat.

TrueTimmy
06-28-2015, 05:51 PM
Thank you. You're very helpful. You have helped me some. Of course, this isn't an easy thing to treat or get passed. I gotta take steps. At least I like corn. That's a vegetable.

TrueTimmy
06-28-2015, 06:10 PM
So much for my question about your stress level.

What you put into your mouth is entirely in your control. You are just learning, cut yourself some slack.

You have not done anything to your heart, it's strong, young and healthy. Just remember to make good choices.

Also, when you start thinking about the your heart, just tell yourself to cut it out! Go do something you like, even something you don't like a change of place can help you focus on something else.

Ok? Now I'm going to go eat.

I just got back from a walk/jog session. I jogged maybe half a mile (.8 Kilometers)?

Goomba
06-28-2015, 06:32 PM
What's wrong with having a damaged heart? What does that mean?

TrueTimmy
06-28-2015, 06:33 PM
Like, in risk of a heart attack?

Goomba
06-28-2015, 06:34 PM
What's the problem of having a heart attack? What happens then?

needtogetwell
06-28-2015, 06:41 PM
I just got back from a walk/jog session. I jogged maybe half a mile (.8 Kilometers)?

Good for you! Exercise was going to bey next topic in a day or so.

needtogetwell
06-28-2015, 06:43 PM
What's the problem of having a heart attack? What happens then?

Gonna,

I'm not sure where you are going with this? Do you think this type of question is at all helpful?

needtogetwell
06-28-2015, 06:44 PM
Gonna, I'm not sure where you are going with this? Do you think this type of question is at all helpful?

Sorry about the name error. Autocorrect hates me.

TrueTimmy
06-28-2015, 06:47 PM
I do drink a decent amount of water too. I'm on my 3rd bottle today.

Goomba
06-28-2015, 06:54 PM
Sorry about the name error. Autocorrect hates me. Very much so.

If the questions are entertained, I promise I am only aiming to help.

Goomba
06-29-2015, 12:28 PM
Since it seems there is confusion, to clarify -

I wasn't trying to be rude, I just believe people should come to their own conclusions, an not have their beliefs told to them (not saying you were doing that, getwell. I just didn't want to).

I suspect (but am not certain) your answer to the issue behind having a heart attack would have something to do with dieing.

I then would have asked you what are the issues around the death? Common themes are not having yet lived, fear of ceasing to exist, wanting to have more experiences, etc.

Your answer to that question, in my opinion, is what is fueling your hypochondria, and causing the intensity/fear behind your symptoms.

In summary, the fear is not actually of a heart attack, but is of death. The heart attack stuff is symptoms of the bigger fear. In hypochondria, treating the physical manifestations loses sight of the bigger picture, and often the bigger issues continues to manifest in other ways throughout the body. I believe you have begun to see that with the weird laughing sensation you brought up. Alleviating the issue with heart attacks is only a temporary solution.

Also, getwell has been spot on with not driving yourself crazy by drastically changing your diet right away. The stress from trying to eat perfect is more immediately damaging than eating something that isn't 100% healthy. YOU NEED TO EAT. So, make sure you continue to do so to get nutrition.

Diet changes are lifestyle changes. The effects good or bad take time to manifest in a way you can feel.

You're learning to make better choices now, which will transform your life in the long run.

TrueTimmy
06-29-2015, 12:47 PM
Since it seems there is confusion, to clarify -

I wasn't trying to be rude, I just believe people should come to their own conclusions, an not have their beliefs told to them (not saying you were doing that, getwell. I just didn't want to).

I suspect (but am not certain) your answer to the issue behind having a heart attack would have something to do with dieing.

I then would have asked you what are the issues around the death? Common themes are not having yet lived, fear of ceasing to exist, wanting to have more experiences, etc.

Your answer to that question, in my opinion, is what is fueling your hypochondria, and causing the intensity/fear behind your symptoms.

In summary, the fear is not actually of a heart attack, but is of death. The heart attack stuff is symptoms of the bigger fear. In hypochondria, treating the physical manifestations loses sight of the bigger picture, and often the bigger issues continues to manifest in other ways throughout the body. I believe you have begun to see that with the weird laughing sensation you brought up. Alleviating the issue with heart attacks is only a temporary solution.

Also, getwell has been spot on with not driving yourself crazy by drastically changing your diet right away. The stress from trying to eat perfect is more immediately damaging than eating something that isn't 100% healthy. YOU NEED TO EAT. So, make sure you continue to do so to get nutrition.

Diet changes are lifestyle changes. The effects good or bad take time to manifest in a way you can feel.

You're learning to make better choices now, which will transform your life in the long run.

My grandpa was like a father to me. He had a heart attack like 3 years ago, he recovered, and he was okay but then he developed dementia, and we literally had no choice but to put him in a nursing home because he was aggressive and confused. He died in April. He was like my dad, I lived with him my whole life. Now, I started to realized. Holy crap, my diet is junk food. I'm going to have a heart attack, I'm having symptoms of it.

needtogetwell
06-29-2015, 01:50 PM
Since it seems there is confusion, to clarify - I wasn't trying to be rude, I just believe people should come to their own conclusions, an not have their beliefs told to them (not saying you were doing that, getwell. I just didn't want to). I suspect (but am not certain) your answer to the issue behind having a heart attack would have something to do with dieing. I then would have asked you what are the issues around the death? Common themes are not having yet lived, fear of ceasing to exist, wanting to have more experiences, etc. Your answer to that question, in my opinion, is what is fueling your hypochondria, and causing the intensity/fear behind your symptoms. In summary, the fear is not actually of a heart attack, but is of death. The heart attack stuff is symptoms of the bigger fear. In hypochondria, treating the physical manifestations loses sight of the bigger picture, and often the bigger issues continues to manifest in other ways throughout the body. I believe you have begun to see that with the weird laughing sensation you brought up. Alleviating the issue with heart attacks is only a temporary solution. Also, getwell has been spot on with not driving yourself crazy by drastically changing your diet right away. The stress from trying to eat perfect is more immediately damaging than eating something that isn't 100% healthy. YOU NEED TO EAT. So, make sure you continue to do so to get nutrition. Diet changes are lifestyle changes. The effects good or bad take time to manifest in a way you can feel. You're learning to make better choices now, which will transform your life in the long run.

Goomba

Nice explanation. You have kept in mind that Tim is still 17, and not only is dealing with anxiety, also dealing with the death of a father figure. Not to mention the typical everyday stuff of a 17 year old.

I think you are quite on the mark about his grandfathers death and what is fueling this period of anxiety. I was simply trying to help him deal with something that is a little more tangible at this point. And that he can see successes very easily. Dealing with what you point out will definitely be a more delicate process but one which I firmly believe Tim will be able to do with time.

Thanks for the kind mention.

Goomba
06-29-2015, 01:56 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. I experienced something very similar. It's definitely not easy.

So, what perspective did your grandfather'a death give you on life?

What issues do you have with dieing?

Notice how you had the thought, the recognition of fear of having a heart attacks and then the symptoms developed. That is the grand placebo effect of hypochondria. Though the symptoms are very real experiences, they have no basis in poor physical health.

Understand that junk food does not cause heart attacks. Decades of poor habits may begin to lead to heart disease, but even that does not indicate definitive heart disease.

If you haven't seen one, a doctor can provide excellent perspective on where you health actually lies.

There is no use in sitting around wondering. Take actions to challenge your beliefs. Begin to build the health, but more importantly, life, you desire. Someone could be diagnosed with heart disease and live decades longer, with no crippling issues. The same individuals best friend can be in perfect health, but die days after said individual's diagnosis due to a car accident.

Live today, not tomorrow.

Goomba
06-29-2015, 02:02 PM
Goomba Nice explanation. You have kept in mind that Tim is still 17, and not only is dealing with anxiety, also dealing with the death of a father figure. Not to mention the typical everyday stuff of a 17 year old. I think you are quite on the mark about his grandfathers death and what is fueling this period of anxiety. I was simply trying to help him deal with something that is a little more tangible at this point. And that he can see successes very easily. Dealing with what you point out will definitely be a more delicate process but one which I firmly believe Tim will be able to do with time. Thanks for the kind mention.

By no means did I want to take away from the discussion you two were having.

I think your contributions are great, and I wish I had someone like you that I could have bounced ideas off of when I was at my worst.

As someone who went through years of a hypochondria, I was aiming to add some perspective for whenever he is ready to tackle it.

needtogetwell
06-29-2015, 02:13 PM
By no means did I want to take away from the discussion you two were having. I think your contributions are great, and I wish I had someone like you that I could have bounced ideas off of when I was at my worst. As someone who went through years of a hypochondria, I was aiming to add some perspective for whenever he is ready to tackle it.

Your perspective on hypochondria is probably better than mine.

Tim you have got a pretty good duo here. We both have experienced is the areas that are troubling you, together we can help guide you through. You just have to speak up if either of us is overloading you with information. Deal?

TrueTimmy
06-29-2015, 06:37 PM
By no means did I want to take away from the discussion you two were having.

I think your contributions are great, and I wish I had someone like you that I could have bounced ideas off of when I was at my worst.

As someone who went through years of a hypochondria, I was aiming to add some perspective for whenever he is ready to tackle it.

I had a one of the best days I've had in a long time. Thank you, you really did help me with your reply. You and the other lady did. Thank you for your reply. It's nice to have someone to understand what hypochondria is. I've been to the doctor, he didn't run any test. But he thought I was fine. I got one of those fit bits, and it says my heart rate right now is 76. That's good.

TrueTimmy
06-30-2015, 01:43 PM
Hey! So, my grandmother is going to the grocery store to get some food to cook. Tonight she said she would make me spaghetti. I like my Spaghetti with plain tomato sauce, garlic bread, and milk. Does that sound like a healthy meal?

NixonRulz
06-30-2015, 01:57 PM
Uh, no

Skip the bread and do multi grain or whole wheat pasta then it becomes not horrible

TrueTimmy
06-30-2015, 02:02 PM
It's whole wheat spaghetti.

mrslizzyg
06-30-2015, 02:03 PM
Uh, no

Skip the bread and do multi grain or whole wheat pasta then it becomes not horrible

Exactly what Nixon said.

If you eat regular pasta noodles, they are "white" carbs, processed and turned into sugar in your body. Same with the garlic bread.

Making your grains whole wheat or multi make it better. :)

mrslizzyg
06-30-2015, 02:04 PM
It's whole wheat spaghetti.

Instead of glaric bread, could you go a vegetable or fruit? Like Zucchini or salad or something? That will make it healthier too! Won't be doubling up on the carbs that way. :D

NixonRulz
06-30-2015, 02:04 PM
That is better. I hate whole wheat pasta but manage to get it down without throwing it back up pretty often

mrslizzyg
06-30-2015, 02:07 PM
That is better. I hate whole wheat pasta but manage to get it down without throwing it back up pretty often

If you buy the right brand it can be really tasty. Brown rice noodles are pretty good. :)

TrueTimmy
06-30-2015, 02:13 PM
Well, I don't really like fruits or vegetables that much but I am trying to slowly get them in my diet. I take multi-vitamins, a standalone supplement of magnesium, and fish-oil. I eat cheerios for breakfast.

mrslizzyg
06-30-2015, 02:28 PM
Well, I don't really like fruits or vegetables that much but I am trying to slowly get them in my diet. I take multi-vitamins, a standalone supplement of magnesium, and fish-oil. I eat cheerios for breakfast.

Yea it's hard to add them in when you don't like them. I'm just saying maybe to off set the carbs try something besides garlic bread.

annnddd.. sorry to burst your bubble but cheerios really aren't healthy, heh...

raggamuffin
06-30-2015, 02:29 PM
You don't need to cook most veg to enjoy them. Also taste buds change. What you don't like now you might in a year or two. over the years my taste buds have changed so much I enjoy foods I despised when I was younger

Ed

TrueTimmy
06-30-2015, 02:32 PM
You don't need to cook most veg to enjoy them. Also taste buds change. What you don't like now you might in a year or two. over the years my taste buds have changed so much I enjoy foods I despised when I was younger

Ed

I tried a salad a couple days ago? I hated it, I couldn't even get it down. I'm trying other things though. Maybe like some cucumber, or rice. I do like corn, and potatoes.

TrueTimmy
06-30-2015, 02:34 PM
Yea it's hard to add them in when you don't like them. I'm just saying maybe to off set the carbs try something besides garlic bread.

annnddd.. sorry to burst your bubble but cheerios really aren't healthy, heh...

Why wouldn't they be healthy. Here is the nutrition facts from what I eat: http://www.browniebites.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/protein-cheerios-review-nutrition-info.jpg

raggamuffin
06-30-2015, 02:36 PM
Rice is good. Get some brown rice. Maybe chop up some veg you do like. Sweetcorn? Cucumber? Stuff like that. Then just boil it all in a saucepan until the rice is done. Shapow all done.

Ed

mrslizzyg
06-30-2015, 02:44 PM
Why wouldn't they be healthy. Here is the nutrition facts from what I eat: http://www.browniebites.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/protein-cheerios-review-nutrition-info.jpg

WAAYYY too much processed sh*t in them, honestly. Grocery stores and big companies get people fooled by saying things are healthy but in reality they have additives that are not only bad for your body but are not needed.

It's got 17grams of sugar already and that doesn't include the corn syrup they added into it. That's A LOT of sugar for breakfast.

I don't eat perfect and I am not a nutritionist.. but I have been a personal trainer and am currently a fitness coach to help people lose weight.. so I'm not just blowing smoke here.

needtogetwell
06-30-2015, 02:55 PM
Hey Tim!

Nixon and Lizzy are my friends. They won't steer you wrong.

Wish I could eat spaghetti, grain products and me don't mix well.

How has your day been?

TrueTimmy
06-30-2015, 02:58 PM
WAAYYY too much processed sh*t in them, honestly. Grocery stores and big companies get people fooled by saying things are healthy but in reality they have additives that are not only bad for your body but are not needed.

It's got 17grams of sugar already and that doesn't include the corn syrup they added into it. That's A LOT of sugar for breakfast.

I don't eat perfect and I am not a nutritionist.. but I have been a personal trainer and am currently a fitness coach to help people lose weight.. so I'm not just blowing smoke here.

I'm not trying to lose weight, I'm trying to make myself feel better about what I eat. I have a high metabolism. My fear is a heart attack because of all the junk food. High in saturated fats, and stuff like that.

mrslizzyg
06-30-2015, 02:59 PM
I'm not trying to lose weight, I'm trying to make myself feel better about what I eat. I have a high metabolism. My fear is a heart attack because of all the junk food. High in saturated fats, and stuff like that.

The additives and sugar(practically makes it a junk food) in this are something you would want to pay attention to, regardless of weight loss or not. It's not healthy for your body in many ways. :)

There are WORSE things you could eat. But I would never put this on a list of "healthy."

TrueTimmy
06-30-2015, 03:01 PM
Hey Tim!

Nixon and Lizzy are my friends. They won't steer you wrong.

Wish I could eat spaghetti, grain products and me don't mix well.

How has your day been?

Hey! Yesterday and today my condition has been at a minimum. Last night I skyped with my Girlfriend, and went to bed pretty easily. Today I woke up, ate some cheerios took my supplements and meds. I just got back from a run, I didn't run too much, just got my heart rate up to about 170. About a 1/4 of a mile. I'm about to go on another one. I ate a Fiber One bar today too. I've been doing a lot better. Of course, I still have a little worry in me, but maybe in time it'll go away. Thanks! I'll catch up with you later!

Goomba
06-30-2015, 03:06 PM
Tim,

You're not always going to be able to eat healthy to the point of the food always being organic, unprocessed, preservative free, etc, etc.

With just about everything you buy you can find something to deem it unhealthy.

Whole wheat pasta and Cheerios are definitely a step up from junk food. While they certainly are not the epitome of health, they are also better choices than many of your alternatives.

It's about finding a balance, and being aware of what you are putting in your body. Learn to incorporate the healthy foods (fruits, vegetables, good protein) in addition to the spaghetti.

As you are educating yourself about food, you will begin to find what it means to eat purely healthy, and be able to apply that information in a way that works with your body.

But, do not stress about eating Cheerios and spaghetti. It is good you are learning to eat better, and these foods, while not overly healthy (in the way of having extra unnecessary components), will provide your body with some nutrition.

Eating these foods today are not contributing to heart disease.

NixonRulz
06-30-2015, 03:08 PM

You know what may be a better idea?

Get your anxiety in check so you don't fear irrational things like a heart attack at 17

You should be eating crappy stuff all the time at 17 and enjoying it. Its the law of nature

mrslizzyg
06-30-2015, 03:09 PM
Tim,

You're not always going to be able to eat healthy to the point of the food always being organic, unprocessed, preservative free, etc, etc.

With just about everything you buy you can find something to deem it unhealthy.

Whole wheat pasta and Cheerios are definitely a step up from junk food. While they certainly are not the epitome of health, they are also better choices than many of your alternatives.

It's about finding a balance, and being aware of what you are putting in your body. Learn to incorporate the healthy foods (fruits, vegetables, good protein) in addition to the spaghetti.

As you are educating yourself about food, you will begin to find what it means to eat purely healthy, and be able to apply that information in a way that works with your body.

But, do not stress about eating Cheerios and spaghetti. It is good you are learning to eat better, and these foods, while not overly healthy (in the way of having extra unnecessary components), will provide your body with some nutrition.

Eating these foods today are not contributing to heart disease.

I agree completely :)

Sorry if I was coming off harsh, Tim. I just have a deep passion for this kind of stuff so sometimes I don't know when to shut up.

TrueTimmy
06-30-2015, 03:24 PM
You guys are great! :) What an awesome community, I play video games, and I'm not used to people being this nice on the Internet. I've had almost 2 miles of walking/running throughout my day today. :)

mrslizzyg
06-30-2015, 03:25 PM
You guys are great! :) What an awesome community, I play video games, and I'm not used to people being this nice on the Internet. I've had almost 2 miles of walking/running throughout my day today. :)

My husband plays video games so I totally get that, a lot of "F$^@ s!#@! C#%# F2^#%@&*&#%@$#@"
going on there.. lol

TrueTimmy
06-30-2015, 03:28 PM
My husband plays video games so I totally get that, a lot of "F$^@ s!#@! C#%# F2^#%@&*&#%@$#@"
going on there.. lol

Its typically not as bad on PC. Which is what I play, they've always helped me be happy. Of course, it can promote sedentary lifestyle. I have barely touched video games in the past month beacause of my anxiety, but I think I might be able to play them again soon :)

Goomba
06-30-2015, 03:32 PM
Have you played league of legends? Lol the rage in that community is unreal.

But, I guess that's what happens when you ask a world of selfish people to work as a team.

mrslizzyg
06-30-2015, 03:32 PM
Ohh the games are fun! Just a *few* of the people are... interesting? lol I guess that is a good word.

That's awesome :) glad you are doing well!

TrueTimmy
06-30-2015, 03:41 PM
Have you played league of legends? Lol the rage in that community is unreal.

But, I guess that's what happens when you ask a world of selfish people to work as a team.

Yeah I was Gold V in League Of Legends but I hate the game now. :(

Goomba
06-30-2015, 03:44 PM
Yeah I was Gold V in League Of Legends but I hate the game now. :(

LOL.

I was gold something too.

I don't hate it, but I find myself playing it less and less.

TrueTimmy
06-30-2015, 04:14 PM
LOL.

I was gold something too.

I don't hate it, but I find myself playing it less and less.

Do you have a Steam account?

Goomba
06-30-2015, 04:15 PM
Do you have a Steam account?

Of course!

TrueTimmy
06-30-2015, 04:21 PM
Of course!

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198045546389/ Add me! :D

needtogetwell
06-30-2015, 04:44 PM
So, I told you my friends were good people!

Now I really feel like the mom around here! I haven't got a clue what these games are! Lol

My son doesn't play online games at all and he has kind of lost interest in his Wii and play station.

Glad you are enjoying your time here.

TrueTimmy
06-30-2015, 05:10 PM
So, I told you my friends were good people!

Now I really feel like the mom around here! I haven't got a clue what these games are! Lol

My son doesn't play online games at all and he has kind of lost interest in his Wii and play station.

Glad you are enjoying your time here.

With an average resting heart rate of 62, I'd say I'm in pretty good shape. I traveled 2.2 miles during on my walking and running. I burned 2200 Calories, and I walked 5000+ steps.

needtogetwell
06-30-2015, 05:16 PM
I would say you are in excellent shape. :)

TrueTimmy
06-30-2015, 05:23 PM
I would say you are in excellent shape. :)

I'm going to slowly try more things, hopefully finding more things I like.

DiegoDuran55
06-30-2015, 05:29 PM
Hi I'm 19 years old and I'm having really bad panic/anxiety attacks nothing helps not even the meds , I'm having fear of rabies like very terrified I can't get it out of my head I don't wanna eat or drink nothing fells like j can't swallow anything , get nervous when I'm gonna drink a fluid I'm not scared just get an anxious feeling when about to drink something.? Nothing but paranoid thoughts and I feel like crying can someone please reply to this I would appreciate it.?

TrueTimmy
06-30-2015, 05:32 PM
I started thinking back, and I think I had signs of anxiety back since January. Okay, so on some Monday's I would get really bad stomach pains, and I would have to come home from school. It seemed to only happen on Mondays. This was like the 2nd Monday of the 2nd semester this started happening. So, maybe that has something to do with all of this? Then when my grandpa died, I was mostly emotional than, but about two months later I didn't have emotions, but physical symptoms. Oh god, those will worry you to death. But, I think I am okay, little anxious? Yeah. Worried about my diet? Little bit. But, I think that can be fixed over time. I've always been a really picky eater. But, I'm sure I can find SOMETHING I like. Anyways, I'm going to go eat a big plate of spaghetti with some toast and not worry about how good or bad it is for you. Because I'm only 17 and I'm fairly active. I'm fine!

mrslizzyg
06-30-2015, 05:42 PM
I started thinking back, and I think I had signs of anxiety back since January. Okay, so on some Monday's I would get really bad stomach pains, and I would have to come home from school. It seemed to only happen on Mondays. This was like the 2nd Monday of the 2nd semester this started happening. So, maybe that has something to do with all of this? Then when my grandpa died, I was mostly emotional than, but about two months later I didn't have emotions, but physical symptoms. Oh god, those will worry you to death. But, I think I am okay, little anxious? Yeah. Worried about my diet? Little bit. But, I think that can be fixed over time. I've always been a really picky eater. But, I'm sure I can find SOMETHING I like. Anyways, I'm going to go eat a big plate of spaghetti with some toast and not worry about how good or bad it is for you. Because I'm only 17 and I'm fairly active. I'm fine!

Plus, I promise, those of us that eat healthy have our days.. Or weekends. LOL. I enjoy a nice fat burger and french fries sometimes! You gotta live a little ;)

TrueTimmy
06-30-2015, 05:47 PM
Hi I'm 19 years old and I'm having really bad panic/anxiety attacks nothing helps not even the meds , I'm having fear of rabies like very terrified I can't get it out of my head I don't wanna eat or drink nothing fells like j can't swallow anything , get nervous when I'm gonna drink a fluid I'm not scared just get an anxious feeling when about to drink something.? Nothing but paranoid thoughts and I feel like crying can someone please reply to this I would appreciate it.?

If it was rabies, you wouldn't be so anxious about it. You're fueling your anxiety by denying yourself food. You're trying to make yourself think something is wrong with you, when in reality. There is probably nothing wrong with you.

NixonRulz
06-30-2015, 06:03 PM
If it was rabies, you wouldn't be so anxious about it. You're fueling your anxiety by denying yourself food. You're trying to make yourself think something is wrong with you, when in reality. There is probably nothing wrong with you.

Isn't it funny, Timbo, that when someone says something that is irrational, you all of a sudden sound completely rational? You sound like a fu*kin psychiatrist with that response

When you are feeling a bit stressed and anxious and have some stupid thoughts, think about what you would say to someone who had those same irrational thoughts

Let your own advice lead you to the promise land.......

.....where 72 virgins will be waiting fo........ Hold on, that was for my friends that blow themselves up

.......where you will never feel anxiety again

You got this, Young Tim. Celebrate with a cookie or two that is high in fat and cholesterol

needtogetwell
06-30-2015, 06:13 PM

You've got it! You are fine. Enjoy your spaghetti. You don't know how happy I am to hear you say that!!!!!

TrueTimmy
06-30-2015, 06:14 PM
Isn't it funny, Timbo, that when someone says something that is irrational, you all of a sudden sound completely rational? You sound like a fu*kin psychiatrist with that response

When you are feeling a bit stressed and anxious and have some stupid thoughts, think about what you would say to someone who had those same irrational thoughts

Let your own advice lead you to the promise land.......

.....where 72 virgins will be waiting fo........ Hold on, that was for my friends that blow themselves up

.......where you will never feel anxiety again

You got this, Young Tim. Celebrate with a cookie or two that is high in fat and cholesterol

I know right. I just got back from a nice walk. Exercise is great. almost 3 miles today. :D

needtogetwell
06-30-2015, 06:52 PM
I think this thread is close to a record in 3 days! All positive stuff!

Tim, you have come so far in 3 days. Go back and read the first post and then your last few. Definitely not the same guy! I liked the guy in the first post, and really impress with the guy in the last few and like you even more.

You have managed to do what many who come here fail with. You have been open to suggestions and advice from many and made it your own.

You rock!

NixonRulz
06-30-2015, 07:41 PM

Tim, you have come so far in 3 days. Go back and read the first post and then your last few. Definitely not the same guy! I liked the guy in the first post, and really impress with the guy in the last few and like you even more.

You have managed to do what many who come here fail with. You have been open to suggestions and advice from many and made it your own.

You rock!

Who's Tim?

;)

needtogetwell
06-30-2015, 08:17 PM
Who's Tim? ;)

Smart *ss!!!!!

TrueTimmy
06-30-2015, 10:16 PM

You rock!

Thank you!! Hey, is there an application on phones for this community?

needtogetwell
07-01-2015, 03:36 AM
Thank you!! Hey, is there an application on phones for this community?

There used to be. You would have to search google play or the App Store. I got mine a couple of years ago so I don't know if it is still out there.

TrueTimmy
07-01-2015, 10:33 AM
There used to be. You would have to search google play or the App Store. I got mine a couple of years ago so I don't know if it is still out there.
Well have some anxiety today. Not that bad though.

TrueTimmy
07-03-2015, 01:30 PM
Hello everyone.

TrueTimmy
07-03-2015, 01:42 PM
I've not been eating a lot ever since I got anxiety. I'm still only getting two meals a day. And one of those meals is cereal. Anyway, sometimes I feel a little lightheaded? Just a little, it seems to occur more when I sit down and I'm on my computer. I didn't have side-effects when I first started taking my SSRI (Zoloft). But, I feel light headed. Could that be due to me exercising, and not getting enough food? I run 3 times everyday for about 7 minutes. I like to cut up my Cardio to make it easier.

needtogetwell
07-03-2015, 04:10 PM
Thinking it could be a combination of things.
Side effect of SSRI, possibly, you are still getting used to it so until a good 4-6 weeks have gone by until most side effects go away.

Are you running in the heat of the day? I hope not. NC can get plenty hot in July!

Btw- happy 4th of July tomorrow if I don't talk to you. Have a fantastic day '

TrueTimmy
07-03-2015, 04:14 PM
Thinking it could be a combination of things.
Side effect of SSRI, possibly, you are still getting used to it so until a good 4-6 weeks have gone by until most side effects go away.

Are you running in the heat of the day? I hope not. NC can get plenty hot in July!

Btw- happy 4th of July tomorrow if I don't talk to you. Have a fantastic day '

It's been cooler here the passed few days but my schedule is usually after breakfast, before dinner, and after dinner. But, I didn't have these side effects when I first started taking them. Maybe it could be due to me eating two meals a day? I don't know. I just feel a little lightheaded.

TrueTimmy
07-03-2015, 05:33 PM
Another weird symptom is that whenever I'm laying down, and I'm talking. My chest gets a vibrating sensation. It's weird. It doesn't hurt.

TrueTimmy
07-04-2015, 10:36 AM
I was talking to Goomba about this yesterday. So, I haven't been taking too good care of my teeth or gums. I never got into the habit of it as a kid, and now I brush it hurts a little and my gums bleed. I tried flossing this morning and whenever I would spit, it would literately be blood. So, this has caused me some trouble. I'm trying to get a dentist appointment for next week. I hope I don't have gum disease or whatever.

needtogetwell
07-04-2015, 01:58 PM
Just keep up with the brushing and flossing. The bleeding will stop when your gums get used to it.

TrueTimmy
07-04-2015, 02:18 PM
I'm trying to make it a habit. I'm trying to start taking better care of myself. I swear, anxiety is a viscous cycle. Always seeking reassurances, and worrying. I even know I have anxiety, but I feel like there's more wrong with me other than anxiety. Like, I didn't think your gums were supposed to bleed whenever you brush and floss them. I kind of regret not caring in my earlier teenage years. Of course, one good thing about my genes is good teeth according to my family. My great grandma didn't even own a toothbrush until she was grown, and she died in her 80s with all her original teeth. I'm still kind of worried about my health in general. Bleeding gums whenever I brush and floss, feeling light headed, chest pains and arm pains every so often, like sometimes I think I'm just dying because I haven't taken good care of myself because I was a careless teen and thought I was invincible. Anyways, thank you for your response getwell.

Alex94
07-04-2015, 02:45 PM
Hey!

As Needtogerwell said! The worst thing to ever do is google. In the past I've had myself believe I had a heart attack, stroke, brain tumor, ALS....A whole bunch of stuff. AND that is because I constantly googled symptoms. It is your mind playing ticks. I can't say much about the diet and such because to be honest my diet isn't all that great. But I would really stay away from processed foods and soda. I head if you stop eating such foods it will improve your mental health.
You are a 17 year old guy. I'm sure you are a lot more healthier than you think. Anxiety is an awful thing. If your appetite doesn't improve within a few more weeks go to your doctor because maybe you need a different kind of med. Anxiety and panic attacks are usually caused by stress, social situations, and things that are really bothering you. I haven't read all of your posts but I would also see a therapist if I was you. They will work on skills to help you cope with anxiety and what to do during a panic attack.
My therapist makes me write in a chart and it helps a bit.
Situation: What were you doing, where were you, and what was going going on when your panic attack started.
Negative thought: What were you thinking?
Feeling(s): Examples: Sad, anxious, annoyed, angry, irritable.
Bodily symptoms: Examples: Chest pain, difficulty breathing, shaky, tense, feeling detached.
And your behavior: What did you do to try and cope with your anxiety?
Anxiety is like a cycle and to stop it you have to break it. That's when you try to take your negative thoughts into more positive ones.

Example:
Anxiety producing thought: I can't go. I'm going to have a panic attack and lose control.
Now you have to reform that thought into something like: I may get anxious, but I've survived and I can survive again.

It will take a LONG time, but remember. Anxiety and panic attacks are NOT harmful. You may feel discomfort, but they will NOT kill you. And I heard breathing with your stomach, not chest. When you breath with your chest you start to feel tight and that is when the chest pains start. Then you start hyperventilating. So put one hand on stomach, one on your chest. First you want to take a breath OUT then slowly breathe in. Do you know Matilda? Mara Wilson? You're a few years younger than me. But she was a kid actress. Search up on youtube: Mara Wilson Anxiety. I THINK it is the first video. But if you see a girl wear a black sweater with her hair up titled Mara Wilson for project UROK that is the video.
Please remember I am not professional. I am only going by experiences and what I have read/people have told me. But I would talk to someone about what is bothering you. :)
Hopefully this helped. Especially since I don't know you. What may work for one person may not work for another. But it's worth a try. I am so sorry for your grandfather. I lost mine last February. :( I wish you all the best and I promise you will get better. ^^

TrueTimmy
07-04-2015, 02:56 PM
Hey!

As Needtogerwell said! The worst thing to ever do is google. In the past I've had myself believe I had a heart attack, stroke, brain tumor, ALS....A whole bunch of stuff. AND that is because I constantly googled symptoms. It is your mind playing ticks. I can't say much about the diet and such because to be honest my diet isn't all that great. But I would really stay away from processed foods and soda. I head if you stop eating such foods it will improve your mental health.
You are a 17 year old guy. I'm sure you are a lot more healthier than you think. Anxiety is an awful thing. If your appetite doesn't improve within a few more weeks go to your doctor because maybe you need a different kind of med. Anxiety and panic attacks are usually caused by stress, social situations, and things that are really bothering you. I haven't read all of your posts but I would also see a therapist if I was you. They will work on skills to help you cope with anxiety and what to do during a panic attack.
My therapist makes me write in a chart and it helps a bit.
Situation: What were you doing, where were you, and what was going going on when your panic attack started.
Negative thought: What were you thinking?
Feeling(s): Examples: Sad, anxious, annoyed, angry, irritable.
Bodily symptoms: Examples: Chest pain, difficulty breathing, shaky, tense, feeling detached.
And your behavior: What did you do to try and cope with your anxiety?
Anxiety is like a cycle and to stop it you have to break it. That's when you try to take your negative thoughts into more positive ones.

Example:
Anxiety producing thought: I can't go. I'm going to have a panic attack and lose control.
Now you have to reform that thought into something like: I may get anxious, but I've survived and I can survive again.

It will take a LONG time, but remember. Anxiety and panic attacks are NOT harmful. You may feel discomfort, but they will NOT kill you. And I heard breathing with your stomach, not chest. When you breath with your chest you start to feel tight and that is when the chest pains start. Then you start hyperventilating. So put one hand on stomach, one on your chest. First you want to take a breath OUT then slowly breathe in. Do you know Matilda? Mara Wilson? You're a few years younger than me. But she was a kid actress. Search up on youtube: Mara Wilson Anxiety. I THINK it is the first video. But if you see a girl wear a black sweater with her hair up titled Mara Wilson for project UROK that is the video.
Please remember I am not professional. I am only going by experiences and what I have read/people have told me. But I would talk to someone about what is bothering you. :)
Hopefully this helped. Especially since I don't know you. What may work for one person may not work for another. But it's worth a try. I am so sorry for your grandfather. I lost mine last February. :( I wish you all the best and I promise you will get better. ^^

Thank you. I appreciate all the help. I'm a little worried about my jaw right now. Sense I'm going through this face of thinking I have gum disease. I was eating something, and my jaw started feeling fatigued.

Alex94
07-04-2015, 03:07 PM
Completely anxiety! My jaw sometimes goes numb or stiff. My cheeks and nose tingle.

TrueTimmy
07-04-2015, 03:14 PM
But the bleeding whenever I brush my teeth :(

Alex94
07-04-2015, 03:30 PM
When do you go to the dentist? It isn't anything to worry. Probably due to not flossing. They bleed because you need to floss to get the food and stuff out from your gums. Tell your dentist when you go and they will help and show you how to floss properly. The bleeding and soreness will go away after a while. It's probably nothing to worry about. I use to get the same thing when I didn't floss. But when you go to the dentist just tell him. :)
What do you like to do during the day?

TrueTimmy
07-04-2015, 03:42 PM
When do you go to the dentist? It isn't anything to worry. Probably due to not flossing. They bleed because you need to floss to get the food and stuff out from your gums. Tell your dentist when you go and they will help and show you how to floss properly. The bleeding and soreness will go away after a while. It's probably nothing to worry about. I use to get the same thing when I didn't floss. But when you go to the dentist just tell him. :)
What do you like to do during the day?

It's been about a year and half since I've been to the dentist. The next one I go to will be new. Hopefully I can get an appointment sometime next week with my grandmothers dentist. I've never had any cavities. I fear of getting advanced gum disease and loosing my teeth. I probably wouldn't be worrying so much if I didn't have Generalized Anxiety Disorder complimented by hypochondria. I'm pretty much off the heart attack and on about my gums and teeth now. Just like the reason I was worried about getting heart attack was because of the unhealthy food I ate 24/7, is like the reason me worrying about gum disease because I haven't put much effort into taking care of my teeth. It's a viscous cycle that ruins the quality of your life. Things I like to do? I like playing video games, sometimes walking/jogging, doing recreational activities with friends, but I just cannot seem to get the same enjoyment I used to out off anything of these things. It's like "Oh, my gums are bleeding, I wonder why? Gum Disease? It all makes sense I haven't been brushing much, and I've never flossed at home. I'm going to lose all my teeth and no girl will talk to me." The dentist mentioned my gums were a little red last time I went but I never told her about the bleeding gums. But at this new Dentist I hope to address all my problems and they're understanding of it, and try to give me a painless solution.

Alex94
07-04-2015, 04:11 PM
Okay. You are NOT going to lose your teeth. :) Just brush and floss in the mean time. But I totally get you. My anxiety has been god awful for the last month and all the things I like to do just don't interest me or I feel anxious doing them. But it will get better.

TrueTimmy
07-04-2015, 04:15 PM
Okay. You are NOT going to lose your teeth. :) Just brush and floss in the mean time. But I totally get you. My anxiety has been god awful for the last month and all the things I like to do just don't interest me or I feel anxious doing them. But it will get better.

My grandpa had dementia all of the sudden and I get worried when I can't remember things. Like where I placed my phone, or why I'm irrationally worrying.

Alex94
07-04-2015, 04:36 PM
You are too young for that. Did you thinking about talking to a therapist?

UwU
07-04-2015, 06:04 PM
My grandpa had dementia all of the sudden and I get worried when I can't remember things. Like where I placed my phone, or why I'm irrationally worrying.
Anxiety can actually cause forgetfulness! Just something to think about. Forgetting where you placed your phone is the perfect example of the types of things you can get forgetful about with anxiety.

TrueTimmy
07-04-2015, 08:40 PM
You are too young for that. Did you thinking about talking to a therapist?

Ugh, I was just brushing my teeth and I swear it looked like I had ketchup all over it :(. So much blood, I'm really paranoid about it. :(

TrueTimmy
07-10-2015, 08:22 PM
I really wish I could find a vegetable I like. It kind of freaks me out that I don't like them, and I think there is no hope for me.

needtogetwell
07-10-2015, 08:57 PM
I really wish I could find a vegetable I like. It kind of freaks me out that I don't like them, and I think there is no hope for me.

Hey Tim,

Don't give up, your tastes will change over time. At some time you will find a veggie that you like.

undertakerfreak1127
07-12-2015, 10:08 AM
Health anxiety absolutely cripples me. What's worse is that no one ever seems to understand or just dismisses me...

TrueTimmy
07-21-2015, 05:50 PM
Oh my god, does anyone have a solution to post nasal drip. I've had it for about four days and it's annoying me so bad.