PDA

View Full Version : surge of anxiety

maryna
06-27-2015, 01:36 PM
Hello
I am 32 years old girl and I live with my mother. 2 years ago suddenly my father died because of heart attack. One week after his dead I had one panic attack. Psychiatrist prescribe me medication and started low dosage of Imipramine 10, Fluoxetine 10 and Trifluoperazine 1mg and told me increase dosage after one week but I never increase them and for 1 year and half use low dosage of drugs. Never had another panic attack like the first one but sometimes I have surge of anxiety and fear that lasts several hours. Sometimes I scared going out far from home and long travels and these happen most of the time when I remember my panic attack. I stop medication several months ago and now everytime I have anxiety I think panic maybe come back.
Do drugs in this low dosage had clinical effectiveness or I just had been in their imaginary effect. I mean I have confidence because of medication I will not have another attack.
How can I forget panic attack ?
Will these anxiety surges cured over time ?
what I experience when my father died was panic disorder or nervous breakdown ?
thank you for reading my post

Kuma
06-28-2015, 09:12 PM
Hello
I am 32 years old girl and I live with my mother. 2 years ago suddenly my father died because of heart attack. One week after his dead I had one panic attack. Psychiatrist prescribe me medication and started low dosage of Imipramine 10, Fluoxetine 10 and Trifluoperazine 1mg and told me increase dosage after one week but I never increase them and for 1 year and half use low dosage of drugs. Never had another panic attack like the first one but sometimes I have surge of anxiety and fear that lasts several hours. Sometimes I scared going out far from home and long travels and these happen most of the time when I remember my panic attack. I stop medication several months ago and now everytime I have anxiety I think panic maybe come back.
Do drugs in this low dosage had clinical effectiveness or I just had been in their imaginary effect. I mean I have confidence because of medication I will not have another attack.
How can I forget panic attack ?
Will these anxiety surges cured over time ?
what I experience when my father died was panic disorder or nervous breakdown ?
thank you for reading my post

Hi Maryna. Welcome to the forum. What country do you live in? Anxiety is certainly understandable after your father dying. That is very traumatic. I don't know whether the meds you were taking were clinically significant or were subtheraputic doses. But I guess if you were taking them under the supervision of a qualified doctor and they worked for you, then that is good. Why did you decide to go off the meds? Did you do that under supervision of a doctor, or on your own? In any event, don't assume you will return to panic. You might be past the panic. I hope so. Tell us some more about yourself. We would be happy to get to know you better.