PDA

View Full Version : Experiencing anxiety for the first time, any ways to helps cope?

Nicolenz
06-27-2015, 12:56 AM
A few weeks ago now something triggered me to develop an increase in my anxiety, I believe it was due to a noise that began in my ear which has caused me to obsess over my health. I am continuously thinking now that I have some sort of cancer, I notice all the aches and pains on my body and think this is it, I must have something that is going to kill me. No matter what I do these thoughts I have are always in the back of my mind, I try to be rational but it's hard. Since this anxiety has started for me I have gotten very odd head pressure sensations, which of course makes me think I have a brain tumour. I also had panic attacks for about a week, they have stopped in the last week or so but I did have one a couple days ago.. I know anxiety can cause many different things to happen to your body but I can't always rationalize with this thought and I go on thinking there is something seriously wrong with me. I did go to my doctor and he said I seemed fine, although it was a brief check up so that did not relieve me much, he did refer me to an ENT for my ear and I am supposed to have blood work done, but I am afraid of getting results. I cannot get the thought that I may have some form of cancer out of my head which has caused many of those who care about me to become frustrated as they continuously tell me I need to stop thinking this way. I've never experienced such a high level of anxiety before so I do not really know how to deal with it and it is causing my mind and body a lot of stress. I find my anxiety is highest at night or when I am alone and that is when I feel the odd sensations as well as notice any aches or pains on my body. I also have the tendency to look many symptoms up on google, which I know can be a bad thing to do.. I feel as though I need constant reassurance that I am okay, but even with it I still don't feel better. I truly would like to get over this anxiety as it has really changed who I am over the past three weeks, or I would at least like to learn to cope with it better. Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated

TSalguero
06-27-2015, 01:14 AM
Hello. If it helps, I've been going through something similar to you. I've been incredibly anxious about my health, which has brought upon a lot of scary symptoms, like the head pressure you were referring to. I went to the doctor for it, and the doctor told me that I was experiencing a tension headache, which is quite common for people with high levels of stress/anxiety. I can't offer professional help/advice, but I can tell you that I know what you're going through and I'm sure tons of other people can relate, so you're not alone and these feelings aren't unorthodox. Hopefully, with time, we can both diminish this fear/anxiety!