PDA

View Full Version : Introduction/Scary Symptoms

TSalguero
06-27-2015, 12:36 AM
Hello, all! I am new to this forum, seeking support from people who understand what I'm going through. I am an 18 year old female and I've been dealing with anxiety for a few years now. But recently, I've been experiencing a lot of scary symptoms and I'm curious if other people are going through the same thing. These last couple of weeks, I've been experiencing tons of tension in my neck. It's hard to move sometimes and it's difficult to hold my head up. I don't think I did anything to hurt it--I think the pain is from stress about anxiety. I've also been experiencing tension headaches/head pains out the wazoo. I've been to the doctor a couple of times because I was afraid that something was wrong with me, but he told me I was fine and that all the pain I was experiencing was/is from stress. I've also been experiencing other symptoms, but they aren't as prevalent as the neck/head pain. (random numbness, cold chills, chest pains, random bursts of sadness, dizziness, and so on.) I keep looking up these symptoms online, only to find myself reading about life-threatening illnesses. I've become rather obsessed with my health and I'm terrified that something is wrong with me, even though I've been to the doctor many times. The neck pain/head pain has been getting unbearable since my last visit, however, and I want to get it checked out, but I know I'll just get another schpiel about anxiety. Is this normal? Should I get it checked out? Any input would be helpful. Thank you for reading.

Cwyss
06-28-2015, 06:09 PM
I have experienced a very similar journey as you. I have such bad neck pain that it's unbearable to lift my head up from my pillow. I feel this happens at least 1-2 times a month and lasts for a few days. I lose feeling in my arms and legs, and used to just blame it on poor circulation. I suffer migraines and vomit almost every morning. I was so afraid of my symptoms being something serious but I am forcing myself to get blood work done next week. I feel that anxiety can do a lot to your body and I thought I was crazy and alone until I found this site (today) and talked to a few people. Although I am not happy you are experiencing these things, it is relieving to hear it from someone else. I hope you feel better soon.

superchick22684
06-29-2015, 12:47 PM
Anxiety can cause a ton of physical symptoms and what a person experiences varies from person to person. My main physical symptoms are head/neck pain, migraines/headaches, nausea, chest pain, tingling in my hands and feet etc. I've been able to write all of it off as a result of anxiety because I've been checked out.

I noticed that you went to the doctor for these symptoms and if they told you that you are fine and that it is just stress then I don't think you need to get checked out again. One thing that I will advise you to do is to stop googling symptoms. Dr. Google is the worst thing for your anxiety.

TSalguero
07-01-2015, 02:47 AM
I have experienced a very similar journey as you. I have such bad neck pain that it's unbearable to lift my head up from my pillow. I feel this happens at least 1-2 times a month and lasts for a few days. I lose feeling in my arms and legs, and used to just blame it on poor circulation. I suffer migraines and vomit almost every morning. I was so afraid of my symptoms being something serious but I am forcing myself to get blood work done next week. I feel that anxiety can do a lot to your body and I thought I was crazy and alone until I found this site (today) and talked to a few people. Although I am not happy you are experiencing these things, it is relieving to hear it from someone else. I hope you feel better soon.

Thank you for sharing your story with me. It is super relieving to know that I'm not the only one experiencing these scary symptoms. I wish you the best of luck with your blood work and I hope you feel better soon!

TSalguero
07-01-2015, 02:51 AM
Anxiety can cause a ton of physical symptoms and what a person experiences varies from person to person. My main physical symptoms are head/neck pain, migraines/headaches, nausea, chest pain, tingling in my hands and feet etc. I've been able to write all of it off as a result of anxiety because I've been checked out.

I noticed that you went to the doctor for these symptoms and if they told you that you are fine and that it is just stress then I don't think you need to get checked out again. One thing that I will advise you to do is to stop googling symptoms. Dr. Google is the worst thing for your anxiety.

I'm sorry that you are experiencing those symptoms! Thank you for your input on the doctor visit--it's just difficult to convince myself that I'm fine when my body is encountering these symptoms. And yeah, Dr. Google is the worst, haha.