PDA

View Full Version : Lyrica

needtogetwell
06-24-2015, 03:21 PM
Hey guys,

Who has or does take Lyrica?
Yes I know this is a med question but we all know what happens in the medication section....it gets sucked into oblivion.

Just started it for nerve pain, but also found anxiety gone, but, and here's the big but.....felt hung over this morning. What's the use of a med that leaves you with a hangover without the fun that goes with it?

gypsylee
06-24-2015, 07:45 PM
Yeah I've been on Lyrica for pain. It helps me sleep (stay asleep rather than fall asleep) but it makes me feel stoned (not in a good way!) You do build a tolerance to it though.

Dahila
06-24-2015, 08:24 PM
Hm Lyrica is very similar in working of gabapentin , I am on the Gabapentin and it helps not only for my back but also for anxiety :)) It costs half what lyrica does. I can not take Lyrica due the side effect, when with gabapentin I have none

needtogetwell
06-25-2015, 03:55 AM
Yeah I've been on Lyrica for pain. It helps me sleep (stay asleep rather than fall asleep) but it makes me feel stoned (not in a good way!) You do build a tolerance to it though.

Thanks Gypsy,

Yeah, just up slept great but again feel hung over. It does work well for pain. For right now I'll tolerate the hang over for the relief from the pain.

needtogetwell
06-25-2015, 04:30 AM
Hm Lyrica is very similar in working of gabapentin , I am on the Gabapentin and it helps not only for my back but also for anxiety :)) It costs half what lyrica does. I can not take Lyrica due the side effect, when with gabapentin I have none

Thanks Dahila, I knew you took the gabapentin, and have success with it. I will keep it in mind if I can't tolerate the morning after feelings.

I guess I'm lucky, this stuff seems to work and my insurance benefits covers 90% of the cost. I understand that many people don't take it because it is very expensive, even though it works. Bastardized big pharma and big insurance companies!

Dahila
06-25-2015, 07:53 AM
I am on Gabapentin over 2 years already, there is not interaction, the only thing ; I can not take magnesium supp due the absorption of gabapentin. I have left dark chocolate, Avocado and countless other foods rich in magnesium;))
I had read your post on magnesium and migraines and started to wonder. They stopped when I switched my bad diet to the one with a lot of fruit and veggies, :)

needtogetwell
06-25-2015, 09:09 AM
Lots of fruits and veggies is the best medicine for so much. Getting rid of processed foods is key.

Dahila
06-25-2015, 11:04 AM
Lots of fruits and veggies is the best medicine for so much. Getting rid of processed foods is key.
agree!!!.............