PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Jenn3030
06-23-2015, 01:39 PM
Hi Everyone...

Im Jenn and my anxiety has gotten the best of me lately.. I was diagnosed with some heart issues, SVT, and from there things went downhill. I have always been a somewhat anxious person but it is moving towards extreme. I constantly am obsessing over my physical condition by Googling everything I can on the subject which leads me to diagnose myself with new disorders. Every little move inmake, I think it is going to cause a heart attack.. a little heartburn, yep that's a heart attack in my mind.. I cant function at work effectively and find myself sitting in my office in the dark just waiting for something negative to happen .. I am by trade a psych nurse, so you would think I could apply my 10+ years of mental health experience to myself but forget about it... I can't eat because I'm afraid what I eat will cause something to go wrong in my body... I am going through multiple test now, had a stress test and echo yesterday and stress test didn't show anything significant but that didn't ease my fears.. I'm always in panic mode.. I have been taking ativan .5, usually 1 and that isn't even taking the edge off.. I'm so at a loss as to what I should do.. my fear and anxiety is holding me hostage.. :(

I

gypsylee
06-24-2015, 01:36 AM
Hi Jenn and welcome :)

There are lots of people here with health anxiety. I hope you find some support.

Cheers,
Gypsy x

Cory Kloos
06-26-2015, 09:35 PM
Hi Jenn, Im new here as well (just joined a few hours ago!). I read your post and felt as though you took a page right out of my own book! I am in a very similar place in my life. I have found a few things that have started to really help. If you are interested in chatting about it, by all means shoot me an email. cory(at)redsealgroup(dot)com