PDA

View Full Version : First appt with mental health tomorrow :S

Estelle2008
06-22-2015, 02:36 PM
So tomorrow is the big day! Been waiting a month plus to get in to see mental health and it's tomorrow that I go. I am feeling anxious and excited at the same time! I am hoping this is really going to help me! I am worried it won't! Any help with what to expect would be great :)

superchick22684
06-22-2015, 07:11 PM
Be ready to answer a lot of questions about what symptoms you are experiencing, how frequently, how many panic attacks you have in a week etc. Hope that your appointment goes well.

Kuma
06-22-2015, 07:14 PM
So tomorrow is the big day! Been waiting a month plus to get in to see mental health and it's tomorrow that I go. I am feeling anxious and excited at the same time! I am hoping this is really going to help me! I am worried it won't! Any help with what to expect would be great :)

It will help. Just don't have unrealistic expectations for the first appointment. It is a process...

Estelle2008
06-23-2015, 10:37 AM
It will help. Just don't have unrealistic expectations for the first appointment. It is a process...

My appointment went well today :) of course I'm not "cured" but I do feel very optimistic about this and it helping. We are going to go the CBT route and see how that may work for me. Does anyone have any info on that or know of a place I could do some reading on it?
Thank you

Im-Suffering
06-23-2015, 11:06 AM
We are all very proud of you!!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0072481/

Estelle2008
06-23-2015, 11:38 AM
We are all very proud of you!!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0072481/

Thank you...it wasn't one of the easiest things to do, asking for help! I thought I was goin crazy and that just couldn't be helped! But I was wrong and there are many people out there with the same symptoms. The therapist I spoke with was very supportive I this forum, I explained it to her and she said it was a great idea and it is nice that when I'm right in the middle of a panic attack I can come and read on here and it seems to help a lot!!
Thank you all for writing on here :)

Im-Suffering
06-23-2015, 12:00 PM
Help is always just a step away. (Or less). (There may be more or less effort in reaching out, you see). The magnitude of the request is not synonymous with the time it may take to receive help or an answer. Rather the potential stumbling block is with your own ideas of self worth. As you discovered on your own.

Examining beliefs will be immensely beneficial for you. Think of the implications. (For example If you believed witout a shadow of doubt that help is always there when you need it) - how would that change your life?

CR_Chris
06-23-2015, 12:53 PM
My appointment went well today :) of course I'm not "cured" but I do feel very optimistic about this and it helping. We are going to go the CBT route and see how that may work for me. Does anyone have any info on that or know of a place I could do some reading on it?
Thank you

Well done for going to get help.... you've taken a HUGE step forward in doing this :)

Silhouette
06-24-2015, 04:55 PM
That's fantastic that you went and feel like you got a good result. CBT can be great!

Estelle2008
06-24-2015, 05:20 PM
That's fantastic that you went and feel like you got a good result. CBT can be great!

Thank you, I am keeping an open mind and really praying it will give me some relief :)

Kixxi
06-24-2015, 07:27 PM
Thank you

Also on the waiting list for CBT, still 2 months to go. I understand your excitement, I can't wait myself. You've made your first step to recovery. Well done you!