PDA

View Full Version : Hi All!

ashleydecash
06-18-2015, 08:58 PM
Hello everyone,

I guess I'll introduce myself and see what comes of it! I'm Ashley, I'm 21, and I have generalized anxiety disorder. In high school I knew something was wrong but I had no clue what it was... I was too much of a stubborn teen to go see a therapist so I kinda just pushed everything to the back of my mind. So anyways, 2-3 years into college I couldn't handle the pressure. There were times I didn't know what to do and I couldn't concentrate on anything, I'd lock myself in my room and I wouldn't tell anyone what was going on. (I don't have any close friends, we all split up after high school so my true best friend/only friend is my boyfriend) So I literally don't have anyone to talk to about it. So one day I got the guts to walk into the counseling center at school and speak with someone. So actually 4 months ago is when I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder. I'm taking it one day at a time and hoping that here is where I can have some friends to talk to!

(P.S) Has anyone ever heard of the Always Keep Fighting campaign? :)

Best,
A

mrslizzyg
06-19-2015, 09:29 AM
Hey Ashley! Nice to meet ya. My name is Lindsey.. I also have generalized anxiety disorder, diagnosed at about 18 years old.

You will def. have some friends to talk to :) I have only been posting for about a month and everyone here is very wonderful.

Welcome!

superchick22684
06-19-2015, 01:17 PM
Welcome to the forum Ashley. My name is Crystal. I was diagnosed with panic disorder and depression at the age of 22. This forum is a great place to talk to people who understand anxiety.

gypsylee
06-20-2015, 04:03 AM
Hi Ashley and welcome :)

Kuma
06-20-2015, 08:26 AM
Hey Ashley. You took the first important step when you walked into the counseling center. Don't give up. If you keep working on it, you will get past the anxiety...