PDA

View Full Version : Do my symptoms sound anxiety related?

MichaelG
06-18-2015, 01:54 PM
Hello, I have been suffering from a few symptoms over the last three months that have been making me uneasy. I have had times where my heart was racing and I can occasionally notice my pulse visibly in my belly or arm. It started off as chest pain and arm pain. Now I mainly notice chest pain, arm pain, and back pain. Interestingly the back pain and chest pain do not usually come in tandem, but the arm pain can come with either the back pain or chest pain. The chest pain can last for as short as a few minutes to as long as several hours. The upper left back pain will usually last at least half an hour and can last up to several hours as well. I can't really say there are any noticeable triggers. Can anxiety account for all these symptoms? I have never had any shortness of breath or hyperventilating of sorts. Can anxiety cause multiple symptoms and trigger them at different times? Also I have been taking naproxen to see it helps. I am not sure so far as the pain does not come at a regular interval so I cannot tell whether I am getting better or just having a good period of no pain. Regardless, can pain medicine help anxiety related pains?

I will greatly appreciate any light being shed on my questions.

NixonRulz
06-18-2015, 05:15 PM
All of the symptoms you list are certainly symptoms of anxiety. Have a read in the stickie section at the symptom list. Many more you could look forward to

But always check your health with a doc first

If you are taking pain meds and it isn't doing anything, chances are anxiety. But also it can have a placebo effect where you believe it will work, so the pain goes away

Anxiety is powerful stuff