PDA

View Full Version : What's up peeps

JMS
06-18-2015, 01:18 PM
This is my first time on this website, so Please bear with me. Lol
Well to start, my names Josh. I'm 21 years old. And I have anxiety, no doubt. . . I'm still on that verge where, I feel like something May still be Seriously wrong with me? (Apart from anxiety, dealing with like other diseases) But for sure I know I have anxiety. I'm really friendly and outgoing, my biggest deal, is that I'm a hypochondriac. I'll admit it, it's true. I always think I'm dying (still kinda do I guess.) And that's where my anxiety is getting me. I haven't changed as a person, I just have this huge weight that is always holding me down, I've had just about very symptom you can think of, and I'm still dealing with some now . . . At this very moment actually. But it truly is comforting to know that I'm not the only one that's struggling with this stuff. Don't be afraid to say Hello!

mrslizzyg
06-18-2015, 03:24 PM
Hey Josh! Welcome to the forum. My name is Lindsey :)

I have generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, and have gone through a period of depression.

There are a lot of people here just like you who are worried about their physical symptoms, you are not alone!

needtogetwell
06-18-2015, 04:32 PM
Hi Josh,

Welcome to the forum.

You won't believe how many of us have been and are where you are right now.

There is a really good thread somewhere in here on health anxiety, it would be worth a read if you haven't already done so. I'm not good at doing links.

You actually are further ahead to beating this thing than you think. You recognize the issue for what it is. Major first step. Congratulations.

Take some time and read other people's posts, you never know when a suggestion made to someone else might turn on some lightbulb in your head.

Ask whatever you like, we are here to help. Sometimes it is tips, sometimes it is a joke, we seem to somehow help people along this path.

Cheers! And again, welcome.

JMS
06-18-2015, 08:33 PM
Thanks guys! Really means alot:)

gypsylee
06-22-2015, 01:07 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum Josh :)