PDA

View Full Version : Need help NOW

snowberry
06-16-2015, 08:42 PM
Please help.

I've had cold patches/limbs last few days. Skin feels cold/wet. It moves around.

Period is due any day which always makes me worse. I was lying in bed and my feet felt cold/wet to the extreme, and then lots of tingling like after you've had pins and needles.

I am freaking out. I am practising my breathing but I feel like this is something bad - but could it be my stupid anxiety/plus period? Please help!

jessed03
06-16-2015, 08:44 PM
Distraction should help. Spend a little time on here.

jessed03
06-16-2015, 08:45 PM
Let that initial surge of adrenaline pass through.

snowberry
06-16-2015, 08:50 PM
Thank you. Trying to remain calm. Tingling still there but dealing with it for now.

I just suddenly got scared that I might have a nerve problem and might lose feeling in my legs. I've been getting cold patches since last Thursday, and it's getting worse.

gypsylee
06-16-2015, 08:56 PM
Seems Jesse's on this - good work :)

PMS always cranks up the anxiety! Keep breathing!

jessed03
06-16-2015, 09:10 PM
How ya doin', Snow?

snowberry
06-16-2015, 09:15 PM
Thank you both.

I've googled the symptoms (which I never normally do, I know how harmful that is,) but put 'anxiety' in the search. Apparently cold water, ice sensations in limbs/hips are not uncommon. I am holding onto that.

I think it's probably time to go on meds, though. These symptoms keep fucking changing every time I get used to them, and it's always my period. It's as if my body is saying: ' Aw damn, she's not scared of the chest pain or tingling or numbness any more, let's throw something else at her'. When off cycle, I'm relatively fine (occasional problem but easily dealt with,) and can keep it together. But clearly my cycle is causing 99% of my problems, something no amount of self-help or therapy can change.

Magic_8_Ball
06-16-2015, 10:30 PM
PMS always cranks up the anxiety!

My reply is no.

gypsylee
06-16-2015, 10:55 PM
My reply is no.

It wasn't a question :)

gypsylee
06-16-2015, 10:59 PM
Thank you both.

I've googled the symptoms (which I never normally do, I know how harmful that is,) but put 'anxiety' in the search. Apparently cold water, ice sensations in limbs/hips are not uncommon. I am holding onto that.

I think it's probably time to go on meds, though. These symptoms keep fucking changing every time I get used to them, and it's always my period. It's as if my body is saying: ' Aw damn, she's not scared of the chest pain or tingling or numbness any more, let's throw something else at her'. When off cycle, I'm relatively fine (occasional problem but easily dealt with,) and can keep it together. But clearly my cycle is causing 99% of my problems, something no amount of self-help or therapy can change.

Are you on the Pill? That helps some people who have trouble with their cycle but for others it makes it worse. Just don't let people downplay the importance of your menstrual cycle in this. I have a calendar app that tracks it so I know exactly where I'm at. There are heaps of them.

Magic_8_Ball
06-17-2015, 02:24 AM
It wasn't a question :)

My sources say no.

snowberry
06-20-2015, 05:28 AM
An update:

Thanks again everyone who responded.

So I have back pain, all round the spine. I've had similar before, a long time ago, but not like this. And the tail of my spine is cold/tingly, etc. The coldness in limbs is mostly gone, but tingling is on and off.

So I'm thinking maybe sciatica or even a slipped disc or something. Man, has my week off from work been shitty, lol.