PDA

View Full Version : always messing up...significant others

OCDandME
06-16-2015, 04:37 PM
my fiancé doesn't talk to me for days on end the longest being five days when hes mad at me for my anxiety, i cant help feeling this way, i take things out on him because of stress and he knows that's what it is but he cant take it anymore. i am doing a few things to try to help myself but i need to take it slow cuz my anxiety and he wants it done now now now and doesn't understand it doesn't work that way. it hurts me that he feels this way and im so depressed because i keep disappointing him. hes just not getting it. he pushing me fast for results and its making me worse. i am trying to keep up with demands and feel like it shouldn't be a problem but its making my disorder more out of control. what should i do?

jessed03
06-16-2015, 04:47 PM
As long as you're doing your best, meds, therapy, relaxation exercises, then you nobody can expect you to do more.

You need to take your healing at your own place. If people can't handle that pace, it's up to them to decide what they want to do. I know that can sound harsh, but anxiety is harsh. It doesn't compromise. It won't all of a sudden get better. It will destroy your whole life if you allow it to, so it's important anybody puts their healing top of their priority list.

Whatever you put in front of your recovery, you'll eventually lose anyway. In your mind, healing has to come before everything. Don't let anybody get in the way of that.

OCDandME
06-16-2015, 05:12 PM
As long as you're doing your best, meds, therapy, relaxation exercises, then you nobody can expect you to do more.

You need to take your healing at your own place. If people can't handle that pace, it's up to them to decide what they want to do. I know that can sound harsh, but anxiety is harsh. It doesn't compromise. It won't all of a sudden get better. It will destroy your whole life if you allow it to, so it's important anybody puts their healing top of their priority list.

Whatever you put in front of your recovery, you'll eventually lose anyway. In your mind, healing has to come before everything. Don't let anybody get in the way of that.

thank you so much, i needed to hear that

jessed03
06-16-2015, 05:24 PM
Any time. :)

Stay strong.

mrslizzyg
06-17-2015, 09:52 AM
my fiancé doesn't talk to me for days on end the longest being five days when hes mad at me for my anxiety, i cant help feeling this way, i take things out on him because of stress and he knows that's what it is but he cant take it anymore. i am doing a few things to try to help myself but i need to take it slow cuz my anxiety and he wants it done now now now and doesn't understand it doesn't work that way. it hurts me that he feels this way and im so depressed because i keep disappointing him. hes just not getting it. he pushing me fast for results and its making me worse. i am trying to keep up with demands and feel like it shouldn't be a problem but its making my disorder more out of control. what should i do?

He just ignores you for days? That's suck a mental mind f*ck for someone with anxiety. Excuse my language.

You don't need demands like that... Im not saying he is a bad guy, I don't know the whole story or anything.. but you need to be happy! He isn't being understanding at all. =/ have you tried explaining how anxiety works to him? A lot of people who have never experienced it have a really hard time getting it.