PDA

View Full Version : Toxoplasma Gondii = Anxiety?

Britanica
06-12-2015, 10:17 AM
So I was wondering this because it has been linked to mental problems in adults...
A child who grows up with a cat/cats is more likely to have anxiety or other mental issues as an adult. This is from toxoplasmosis. It is estimated that 10 to 20% of Americans have it. You can get it from cat feces, raw/under cooked meat, wild birds, rats or contaminated dirt. It can also be passed on from mother to baby which is why pregnant mothers are told to avoid cleaning litter boxes, certain meats, and other things that can cause a parasite invasion.

As a kid I played in the dirt, handled wild baby birds, had a cat from the age of 7 on, and hung out outside A LOT. I don't think I was a very clean kid.

It has been 6 years of severe anxiety/panic & hypochondria for me. I had my first panic attack when I was 17 but they didn't get bad till shortly after I turned 21. I had gone through bouts of agoraphobia, depersonalization, thinking I have had everything under the sun as far as disease goes. I am just trying to figure out why this all happened.

I have had stomach issues for the last few months. I have an almost constant pain in my stomach like I am doing crunches. I keep getting sick to my stomach and when I over think on something with my body, I get shaky, cold, and have bad diarrhea just from worrying. I have never had pain in my stomach last this long. I am not sure if it is my back or my stomach either because when I lay down on my back, it goes away almost completely. It is the worst when I am sitting up-right

Anyways... I will cut myself off there. Let me know what you guys/gals think. The only thing that helps me is maca root but that hasn't been helping my stomach at all. Maybe I pulled something when I had a panic attack? idk..

Dahila
06-12-2015, 06:37 PM
First of all toxoplasmosis is dangerous for children up to two. My friends son got it and it was not easy for him or her. If it was so easy passable to fetus, the pregnancy would be aborted spontaneously> If I was you I would switch the fear to something else and forget about Toxoplasmosis. All symptoms are typical for anxiety :) Please, read our stickies on General forum, there is one very good one, Anxiety symptoms list:))