PDA

View Full Version : Running and Varicose vein

SuzanneHug
06-10-2015, 11:05 PM
Hi, After having my second child I developed this bad varicose vein. The sight of it is very depressing. It's been several months now and it hasn't improved at all. I want to take up running again, as I have always been a good runner. But then My husband warned me saying that it could just get worse with running. Is it true? Will I ever be able to run again? My friend suggested a clinic in Toronto where Varicose veins treatments are done (Vaughan Vein Clinic). Is medical help the only way out? Are there any other ways by which I can get rid of it and start running again? Thanks !

Saldav
06-10-2015, 11:31 PM
Hi, After having my second child I developed this bad varicose vein. The sight of it is very depressing. It's been several months now and it hasn't improved at all. I want to take up running again, as I have always been a good runner. But then My husband warned me saying that it could just get worse with running. Is it true? Will I ever be able to run again? My friend suggested a clinic in Toronto where Varicose veins treatments are done (Vaughan Vein Clinic). Is medical help the only way out? Are there any other ways by which I can get rid of it and start running again? Thanks !

Not to sound like an ass but this forum is for people with anxiety issues.

Saldav
06-10-2015, 11:35 PM

Check webmd.com

needtogetwell
06-11-2015, 04:01 AM

Hey Suzanne,

I have heard of that clinic, apparently they are very good. (I live in Barrie, and formerly Thornhill.)

Just so you know, on this forum we do not usually suggest anyone look up things on webmd or Dr. Google, it tends to spike anxiety levels especially those with health anxiety.

Here's what I suggest. Go see your doctor and explain your concerns and how it makes you feel. Your doctor is the right person to give you guidance on this matter. If you don't get an answer keep trying or contact the clinic directly. I don't know if they work only on a referral basis or if you can simply book a consultation.

Good luck, and I hope you start running again soon especially with the rotten winters we get.

Cheers!
Pam

Cheers!

gypsylee
06-11-2015, 04:29 AM
Not to sound like an ass but this forum is for people with anxiety issues.

Was going to say the same thing.