PDA

View Full Version : Teen anxiety help

Coatesfit
06-09-2015, 08:26 PM
Hello my name is Aaron, I'm an 18 year bodybuilder, I love fitness, helping others, and making people laugh. I come from a family with a strong background of anxiety and needless to say I've began to get my run with it over the past few months and it's quite hard for me to deal with. I have experienced many panic attacks, I'm always sick to my stomach, knots in my stomach, butterflies and I just recently I get waves of intentse dizziness. I understand I am not near as worse as other who face anxiety and other mental complications but I need help with being able to try and feel normal with myself. I have always been happy and outgoing and just loved life but now I just. Don't feel like myself everyday is a struggle for me and I know this anxiety will be with me more than likely forever, I just want to feel something like I used to. As I look forward to my future I fondness how I could stand to make it through life with the issues I have now or possibly becoming worse like a few of kybfamily members, seeing the way they are and thinking I may be the same way just ruins my outlook on the rest of my life. If anyone is there who could possibly give me some enocouragement or positivity to my situation I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you

Kuma
06-10-2015, 12:54 PM
Hello my name is Aaron, I'm an 18 year bodybuilder, I love fitness, helping others, and making people laugh. I come from a family with a strong background of anxiety and needless to say I've began to get my run with it over the past few months and it's quite hard for me to deal with. I have experienced many panic attacks, I'm always sick to my stomach, knots in my stomach, butterflies and I just recently I get waves of intentse dizziness. I understand I am not near as worse as other who face anxiety and other mental complications but I need help with being able to try and feel normal with myself. I have always been happy and outgoing and just loved life but now I just. Don't feel like myself everyday is a struggle for me and I know this anxiety will be with me more than likely forever, I just want to feel something like I used to. As I look forward to my future I fondness how I could stand to make it through life with the issues I have now or possibly becoming worse like a few of kybfamily members, seeing the way they are and thinking I may be the same way just ruins my outlook on the rest of my life. If anyone is there who could possibly give me some enocouragement or positivity to my situation I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you

Hey Aaron. Welcome. I like the combination of "fitness, helping others, and making people laugh." All that is good for you, physically and mentally. Have you tried talking with a therapist. That might be a reasonable first/next step. A good therapist can probably help you sort this out before it has too much of a negative impact.

awalker
06-10-2015, 01:24 PM
Hi Aaron,
Your anxiety does not have to ruin your life. You can get it under control through medication, therapy, self-help actions like breathing, exercise, etc. there is no reason to suffer uselessly. Anxiety runs in my family too, but I am the first to actually help myself.

JohnC
06-10-2015, 02:43 PM
Definitely have a talk with a professional and a good read around the forum is also helpful