PDA

View Full Version : Still doing good, but extremely anxious around Grandparents

gadguy
06-08-2015, 09:13 AM
Overall I am doing well with my anxiety, but when I am alone with my Grandparents, both in their 90's and poor health...I get extremely anxious, kinda shaky out of fear one of them is going to die while I am there. I don't have fear of them dieing, its the dread I have to having to make that phone call to the rest of the family...I just fear having to be the one to break the news. I'v been at their house doing some work with just them their and I catch myself getting shaky....I have to push it aside and concentrate on my work, but I am completely drained when I leave. I've seen death and dealt with it before, I usually take control in those situations and will probably be able to handle it should it happen when I'm with them.

JohnC
06-08-2015, 07:06 PM
Yes, having to make that call is tough stuff but getting the call is even tougher. My parents are aged and i fret a little every time the phone rings at an odd hour. Best of luck

needtogetwell
06-08-2015, 07:33 PM
I really understand the fear. My parents 79 and 85 are in good health but the sole fact that they are advanced in years scares me.

Hang in there!

gypsylee
06-08-2015, 09:40 PM
My parents are getting on in years as well. I've just been through hell with mum in hospital, resulting in a double hip replacement. Personally when it comes to old age I think there are worse things than death. I mean things like Alzheimer's are terrible. I know it's scary but when they get to be 90 or so, a peaceful death is a pretty good outcome.

:)

needtogetwell
06-08-2015, 11:39 PM
My parents are getting on in years as well. I've just been through hell with mum in hospital, resulting in a double hip replacement. Personally when it comes to old age I think there are worse things than death. I mean things like Alzheimer's are terrible. I know it's scary but when they get to be 90 or so, a peaceful death is a pretty good outcome. :)

I agree with you Gypsy, my mother in law is 83, and has Alzheimer's disease. We finally got her into a nursing home because we couldn't take care of her. It is likely the worst sickness I have ever encountered,

gypsylee
06-09-2015, 12:33 AM
I agree with you Gypsy, my mother in law is 83, and has Alzheimer's disease. We finally got her into a nursing home because we couldn't take care of her. It is likely the worst sickness I have ever encountered,

Yeah, my mum's had all this trouble with her legs/hips and been in and out of hospital all year (now rehab). It's been really hard but physical things are much easier to deal with than something like Alzheimer's/dementia. That's when they really do have to go into a home and it's extremely hard on the family.

gadguy
06-09-2015, 07:23 AM
Yes, having to make that call is tough stuff but getting the call is even tougher. My parents are aged and i fret a little every time the phone rings at an odd hour. Best of luck

Yes my heart drops every time the phone rings late at night. It may sound weird but I have come to terms and I am also prepared for their passing. They have both had good long lives...they could have enjoyed it more if they wanted to, but they wanted to get old, they were in there 40's when I was born and they have always acted like old people, their choice. Who knows...my Grandfathers mother ( my Great Grandmother) passed away at 105 and lived on her on, kept house cooked, cleaned until she was about 103, she never acted old always busy, never content to just sit in a chair. I was 23 when she passed.

Anyway thanx for kind words.

Im-Suffering
06-09-2015, 09:31 AM
When they (anyone) passes, all this intellectual mumbo jumbo will go out the window. And if your not practiced in feeling, will get bottled up with all the rest in the anxiety pool to be lived another day.

Feel it.

There is no other way to release and heal. Often feelings are scary or emotional, so they are avoided. This is the downfall and the reason for much illness.

Only 7% of communication is with words, the most unreliable form. The rest is felt. But most as children because of one hurt or another, closed their heart.

You simply cant feel or use your feelings as intended (the purpose of having feelings to begin with).

Down the road when a trigger arises of sufficient intensity to open the heart you call this a 'period of anxiety' or any form the self takes as a theraputic measure to recognize the possible crack in the dam. Hopefully to take action and patch it before it teally blows. (metaphor for a severe physical illness).

So... Recognize the mental masturbation as fruitless in problem resolution, and learn to use your feelings as inner guidance and release. Feelings, like words, are generated from beliefs, but even so are much closer to the truth you are after rather than the intellect solo.

JohnC
06-09-2015, 11:07 AM
There is no other way to release and heal. Often feelings are scary or emotional, so they are avoided. This is the downfall and the reason for much illness.
Yep, thats me :(