PDA

View Full Version : repeating phrases out of anxiety

elibabes
06-06-2015, 12:14 AM
i dont know why i am constantly repeating phrases

like i have 290 bucks on me, i get paid 130 next week, so i keep repeating to myself that i will have about 420 bucks next week, and if i spend 20 now that will leave me with 400 bucks when i get paid, i just keep thinking the same thing again and agian

its a ridiculous stupid thing, and it is non stop repeating in my head

even when i wake up its still happening in my head

it isnt usually money, usuaally its things like i worry about burgulary so i scour the news online again and again to check my area is safe

its like ill go through 4 or 5 months of being okay and then suddenly ill have a massive bout of ocd anxiety

i dont know what is causing it

please can somebody help?

jessed03
06-06-2015, 09:33 AM
Repeating phrases is perfectly normal. There was a good thread posted a while ago where we all listed the funniest things we'd repeat. For me it was always song lyrics or lines from a movie.

There's no magic way to make this symptom go away, unfortunately. It will go in due time as your anxiety levels reduce. It's a symptom of a stressed mind.

Daily relaxation can help. Yoga nidra or progressive muscle relaxation are both easy to do and really effective. Meditation can also be useful, especially a type that focus on mindfulness like vipassana. A quick Google search should be able to provide all the info you'll need to do any of the above.

NixonRulz
06-06-2015, 10:38 AM
i dont know why i am constantly repeating phrases

like i have 290 bucks on me, i get paid 130 next week, so i keep repeating to myself that i will have about 420 bucks next week, and if i spend 20 now that will leave me with 400 bucks when i get paid, i just keep thinking the same thing again and agian

its a ridiculous stupid thing, and it is non stop repeating in my head

even when i wake up its still happening in my head

it isnt usually money, usuaally its things like i worry about burgulary so i scour the news online again and again to check my area is safe

its like ill go through 4 or 5 months of being okay and then suddenly ill have a massive bout of ocd anxiety

i dont know what is causing it

please can somebody help?

I have no stress from anxiety yet I still get shit stuck in my mind

I can't get the song "Reality" from Kenny Chesney out of my noggin.

When my anxiety left, my OCD wasn't as eager to go along with it

But what is weird , I like my OCD. When I need to get something done, it is done quickly and done right. Then I stare at my project for an hour basking in my OCD glory

I just use my OCD to my advantage

I recognize when I start dwelling on something that isn't in my best interest, so I let it go as bad OCD trying to make a visit

I like that song a bunch so I don't care it's playing in my mind all day long

If I beat the anxiety, I think my OCD would be a breeze. I think I'll keep,it for a while

gypsylee
06-06-2015, 10:42 AM
I noticed when I got extremely anxious I would start counting in my head. Like Jesse said, it's a symptom of a stressed mind.

LOL@"basking in my OCD glory".

jessed03
06-06-2015, 10:53 AM
I have no stress from anxiety yet I still get shit stuck in my mind

I can't get the song "Reality" from Kenny Chesney out of my noggin.

When my anxiety left, my OCD wasn't as eager to go along with it

But what is weird , I like my OCD. When I need to get something done, it is done quickly and done right. Then I stare at my project for an hour basking in my OCD glory

I just use my OCD to my advantage

I recognize when I start dwelling on something that isn't in my best interest, so I let it go as bad OCD trying to make a visit

I like that song a bunch so I don't care it's playing in my mind all day long

If I beat the anxiety, I think my OCD would be a breeze. I think I'll keep,it for a while

Kenny Chesney sucks. I'm sorry to be the one who had to break that to you.

NixonRulz
06-06-2015, 10:56 AM
Kenny Chesney sucks. I'm sorry to be the one who had to break that to you.

You be crazy. He rolls. Like me

You think my tractors sexy

gypsylee
06-06-2015, 10:58 AM
I don't even know who he is. I have to find him on YouTube now you realise.

jessed03
06-06-2015, 11:00 AM
I don't even know who he is. I have to find him on YouTube now you realise.

Beware which link you click. One link loads up a Kenny Chesney song. The other link is a virus and sends your address to a family of rapid drop bears.

Try and click the virus. It'll be less painful.

gypsylee
06-06-2015, 11:01 AM
LOL. His music sucks but he's got a nice body.

NixonRulz
06-06-2015, 11:11 AM
Oh ye people with no musical taste

gypsylee
06-07-2015, 01:32 PM
"Suck it Kenny Chesney!" - Gypsy Lee

Dahila
06-07-2015, 02:06 PM
Gypsy you just send me there, there is nothing like seeing a good body, ;))
He sucks big time :(

needtogetwell
06-07-2015, 02:31 PM
Yup, he certainly is nice eye candy! I can take his music in small doses.

Dahila
06-07-2015, 04:22 PM
Eye candy, NTGW you just made me laugh. I had never hear it:)) Eye candy; priceless!!

needtogetwell
06-07-2015, 04:32 PM
Eye candy, NTGW you just made me laugh. I had never hear it:)) Eye candy; priceless!!

So it is all worth while! I love making you laugh!

Dahila
06-07-2015, 05:09 PM
thank you Pam:)))