PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with obsessive thoughts

tryingto
05-31-2015, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the advice.

jessed03
05-31-2015, 05:31 PM
I liked Mirtazapine. I started taking it in the winter of 2010 and didn't stop until spring 2012. It really got me out of a jam. Do you get the hunger pangs? Wow could I eat on that drug.

Care to share an example of your obsessive thoughts and the types of bad past experiences you don't think you'll get over?

superchick22684
05-31-2015, 07:26 PM
I have negative thoughts a lot. In fact my brain pretty much defaults to them mainly when I get depressed. Therapy has really helped me cope with that actually. The way that I like to describe negative thoughts is by saying that its negative reel. The way to stop them is to find a different tape or if you want to go old school film strip. Meds only go so far on helping to stop taking a magnifying glass to all the negative.

I guess my best advice to you is when you start thinking about the negative things try to change the tape and think about positive things. If that doesn't work do you have any hobbies or activities you enjoy doing? Maybe when you start thinking negatively you can distract yourself that way?

NixonRulz
05-31-2015, 07:54 PM
When I was on anxiety overload, I also could not stop thinking how bad my past was.

The worst part about that is I didn't know at the time, my future was way more fucked up

My point is I gave my self a friggin enema worrying about what already has happened

That shit is over but I didn't care. I kept thinking about it as somehow my past would change if I did

The only thing that changed was my girlfriend. She thought I was bat shit crazy and left me for my step father

The past cannot ever be changed. Your thoughts of your future is how you will deal with this