PDA

View Full Version : went to doctor

Jen3535
08-22-2008, 12:10 PM
Went to the the doctor today, told him about my constant need to take deep breaths again ! instead of giving me anti depression pills, he took a chest x ray and said results back in a week, he gave me a pump,called Seretide, fluticasone. its a cute little purple pump....I have not tried it yet, but will b4 i go to bed tonight.

so far i have had a non deep breathing day... maybe its because ive had the day off today

JEN

Jen3535
08-23-2008, 08:20 AM
Took my pump twice now, it has calmed the deep breathing down a bit, but my deep breathing started again after i ate my dinner!!!!!!

Jen3535
08-25-2008, 06:56 AM
Strange.... As some of you know, i have an air hunger problem, where i spend the day exhusting myself taking lots of deep breaths.
We doc gave me a pump to prevent asthma attacks even aftersay i dont have asthma, well i have stopped dping the deep breathing a small amount, and it only comes on now afteri eat and lasts hours

mastercowbell
08-25-2008, 10:54 AM
It's anxiety.... that's why you're on an anxiety forum. It all comes down to hyperventilation. Same exact thing happened to me. Take controlled breaths for about five minutes into a paper bag. It works.

Jen3535
08-25-2008, 02:23 PM
Hi Mastercowbell,

I agree i am on this forum, because for years on and off i have had the air hunger problem, the doctor told me weeks ago it was anxiety, but after today i am not so sure. You see everyday i air hunger, but today i have not done it, not once! well so far i have been up for 12 hours and not done it at all. even after having an asthma test starting i dont have asthma.......
i feel great. I have done evrything i normally do, been to work, done house work, had my dinner, and i am not doing it, i am totally fine. I think maybe the asthma pump is working... Apart from its given me a chesty cough. which seems to be clearing my lungs of something. I do smoke but not huge amounts

i will touch base later and let ya know if i get it.... if i am cured of my air hunger i could pass the word on

Jen

mastercowbell
08-25-2008, 02:53 PM
It still could be anxiety and all that the asthma medication is doing is having a placebo effect, but whatever works with you is what you need to stick with.

Jen3535
08-25-2008, 03:59 PM
your probably right, I will see how i go with it. Its just strange how it seems to have gone when i have been air hungering every day for months, driving myself barmy

mastercowbell
08-25-2008, 05:21 PM
Next time when you feel like this, try the bag. If the bag helps then you probably don't have asthma, or you have a mix of asthma and anxiety. Unless your breathing sounds wheezy and is painful like a croup cough chances are you don't have asthma (but even overbreathing from anxiety can cause soreness of lungs). I used to have asthma and i have anxiety and there is difference between the breathing troubles from the two different disorders.