PDA

View Full Version : New fear?

BrookeLynnnn
05-27-2015, 02:05 PM
So say this earthquake doesn't happen tomorrow like some nut job predicts.. I will now always be on edge waiting for one..

Can counseling help me with this fear? Anyone else ever have a similar fear & overcome it?

Saldav
05-27-2015, 02:56 PM
So say this earthquake doesn't happen tomorrow like some nut job predicts.. I will now always be on edge waiting for one..

Can counseling help me with this fear? Anyone else ever have a similar fear & overcome it?

Their is no need to fear cause if it's really going to happened their is nothing we could do to stop it.

BrookeLynnnn
05-27-2015, 03:04 PM
Their is no need to fear cause if it's really going to happened their is nothing we could do to stop it.

I know.. But that still doesn't make me feel better :( lol

jessed03
05-27-2015, 05:12 PM
What you fear doesn't really matter. It all follows a similar process. That's why you see most people jump from worry to worry.

Your goal isn't to convince yourself that your fears won't come true. You couldn't even do such a thing anyway. Your goal is to calm your hyperactive amygdala (your brain's fear center), and reduce nervous system stimulation.

Do that and you'll no longer have an anxiety disorder.

BrookeLynnnn
05-27-2015, 05:20 PM
What you fear doesn't really matter. It all follows a similar process. That's why you see most people jump from worry to worry.

Your goal isn't to convince yourself that your fears won't come true. You couldn't even do such a thing anyway. Your goal is to calm your hyperactive amygdala (your brain's fear center), and reduce nervous system stimulation.

Do that and you'll no longer have an anxiety disorder.

Oh that simple!? Haha I'll work on it. I've never been good at working on this stuff. I usually pop a Xanax & my worries float away! But I can't do that now lol

jessed03
05-27-2015, 05:27 PM
It's simple. It's just not easy. :)

BrookeLynnnn
05-27-2015, 05:39 PM
It's simple. It's just not easy. :)

Teach me 😭😭😭😭

jessed03
05-27-2015, 05:58 PM
Teach me ��������

Class starts tomorrow morning at 9am SHARP.

Bring my lunch :D

BrookeLynnnn
05-27-2015, 06:01 PM
Class starts tomorrow morning at 9am SHARP.

Bring my lunch :D

I guess I better start driving now! I'll bring the sushi!

jessed03
05-27-2015, 06:02 PM
I guess I better start driving now! I'll bring the sushi!

Ugh, plane, missy. What do you think this is, an easy class?!

BrookeLynnnn
05-27-2015, 06:03 PM
Ugh, plane, missy. What do you think this is, an easy class?!

We can't start off with the hardest homework assignment!!!

jessed03
05-27-2015, 06:19 PM
Oh, on the contrary! That's the easiest lesson! ;)

BrookeLynnnn
05-27-2015, 06:23 PM
Oh, on the contrary! That's the easiest lesson! ;)

I'm gonna have to skip class tomorrow...... *cough cough* I'm sick

jessed03
05-27-2015, 06:42 PM
Lol! You're such a flaker!!!!

BrookeLynnnn
05-27-2015, 06:49 PM
Lol! You're such a flaker!!!!

If I wake up Friday morning, I'll head over! Haha

gypsylee
05-27-2015, 07:04 PM
Move to Australia? We only ever get mini earthquakes. But not New Zealand, they get big ones!

BrookeLynnnn
05-27-2015, 08:08 PM
Move to Australia? We only ever get mini earthquakes. But not New Zealand, they get big ones!

I wish I could leave tonight!!! Lol I'm still freaking out. Even though an actual astronomer said its complete baloney. I still freak lol

gypsylee
05-27-2015, 08:36 PM
If you came here you'd have a whole new lot of things to worry about though.. Like huntsman spiders!

jessed03
05-27-2015, 08:37 PM
If you came here you'd have a whole new lot of things to worry about though.. Like huntsman spiders!

And dropbears. Don't even Google it, Brooke, seriously. While you're in Cali, you're safe. Unless they learn to swim.

BrookeLynnnn
05-27-2015, 08:38 PM

Ummmm those sound very scary!! I hate spiders!!

BrookeLynnnn
05-27-2015, 08:39 PM
And dropbears. Don't even Google it, Brooke, seriously. While you're in Cali, you're safe. Unless they learn to swim.

What the heck are those?? Lol & is that an earthquake joke?! 😭🌊

jessed03
05-27-2015, 08:44 PM
They're koala bears that have been deserted by their mothers. To keep them alive, vets feed them blood, sometimes human blood. They end up developing a taste for it, so need it for the rest of their lives. Often these drop bears escape their sanctuary and attack humans. There have been a few casualties this year alone.

Gypsy's mother is in the hospital right now. Reason? Drop bear attack.

BrookeLynnnn
05-27-2015, 08:46 PM
OH. HELL. NO. Lol I'll take Gypsy's spiders over those zombie koala bears!!

BrookeLynnnn
05-27-2015, 08:47 PM
Jesse, I may have asked before. Do you have an accent?? I like reading people's stuff in their accents lmaooooo

jessed03
05-27-2015, 08:57 PM
Jesse, I may have asked before. Do you have an accent?? I like reading people's stuff in their accents lmaooooo

Lol, of course.

I have a British accent.

BrookeLynnnn
05-27-2015, 09:01 PM
Ahhhh that's so awesome haha British accents are so cute! I'm jealous. I sound like a normal American.

Two One
05-27-2015, 09:03 PM
Seismologists have no way of predicting earthquakes. I know that's not much closure at all but for me, it helps to know that. Modern science just doesn't allow us to predict earthquakes yet. I have had concerns over natural disasters as well.

BrookeLynnnn
05-27-2015, 09:05 PM
Seismologists have no way of predicting earthquakes. I know that's not much closure at all but for me, it helps to know that. Modern science just doesn't allow us to predict earthquakes yet. I have had concerns over natural disasters as well.

That's what the astronomer said.. That You cannot predict earthquakes. But according to Nostrodomus, he can. Lol

jessed03
05-27-2015, 09:44 PM
Ahhhh that's so awesome haha British accents are so cute! I'm jealous. I sound like a normal American.

True. Cali girls be all like "OMG, that's so awe-somee"

BrookeLynnnn
05-27-2015, 09:51 PM
True. Cali girls be all like "OMG, that's so awe-somee"

Haha yes exactly what we say! Have you ever been here?

jessed03
05-27-2015, 09:57 PM
Haha yes exactly what we say! Have you ever been here?

Yeah, I toured Cali a few years ago. Such a beautiful place. I love the 101, and Big Sur, and Carmel, and all of those places you find along the coast.

When I was in LA I thought if I talked loud enough, they'd hear I was British and put me in a movie. Never happened. So now I'm like an A-lister on the Anxiety Forum instead. :)

BrookeLynnnn
05-27-2015, 10:03 PM
Yeah, I toured Cali a few years ago. Such a beautiful place. I love the 101, and Big Sur, and Carmel, and all of those places you find along the coast.

When I was in LA I thought if I talked loud enough, they'd hear I was British and put me in a movie. Never happened. So now I'm like an A-lister on the Anxiety Forum instead. :)

I've been to none of those places! Lol heard of them all but never been. I'm like 8 hours from LA.

How old are you??

jessed03
05-27-2015, 10:05 PM
I've been to none of those places! Lol heard of them all but never been. I'm like 8 hours from LA.

How old are you??

Oh, they're amazing!

I'm 62, you?

BrookeLynnnn
05-27-2015, 10:19 PM
Oh, they're amazing!

I'm 62, you?

No you're not! I'm 22. But my soul is like 500 it feels like haha

jessed03
05-27-2015, 10:24 PM
Alright, I'm 25!

Guess your back must feel 500 too, no? What with carrying all that weight around.

BrookeLynnnn
05-27-2015, 10:33 PM
Alright, I'm 25!

Guess your back must feel 500 too, no? What with carrying all that weight around.

Thought so!! Lol & umm yes. This child hurts my back so bad! I can't sit upright cause it hurts. But hey, I won't complain about laying down all day haha

sae
05-28-2015, 09:25 AM
The last weeks of pregnancy suck sooooo bad. At least they did for me, but then mine also lasted 41 weeks. I worked up until the school year let out. By that time I was 38 weeks along and I was miserable. I was on my feet 6-8 hours a day, mostly washing trays (I was so big at the end I couldn't reach into the sink without a step stool.) It was hot, I was grouchy, everything hurt, and I felt a million years old. It didn't help my supervisor was convinced I was going to magically spit out a kid at any moment.
Having the kid at the end of the journey makes up for all the fatigue and general pregnancy bs.

BrookeLynnnn
05-28-2015, 05:20 PM
The last weeks of pregnancy suck sooooo bad. At least they did for me, but then mine also lasted 41 weeks. I worked up until the school year let out. By that time I was 38 weeks along and I was miserable. I was on my feet 6-8 hours a day, mostly washing trays (I was so big at the end I couldn't reach into the sink without a step stool.) It was hot, I was grouchy, everything hurt, and I felt a million years old. It didn't help my supervisor was convinced I was going to magically spit out a kid at any moment.
Having the kid at the end of the journey makes up for all the fatigue and general pregnancy bs.

That does not sound fun at all!! Ive been off work since March because my anxiety so thankfully I haven't done much hard work! I just sit at home, wait for earthquakes.. You know, the usual lmaoooo

BrookeLynnnn
05-28-2015, 05:21 PM
BTW friends, I am still alive! It's 4:20pm. This quake was predicted for 4pm.

NixonRulz
05-28-2015, 05:56 PM
You sure get a lot of replies in your posts

BrookeLynnnn
05-28-2015, 06:13 PM
You sure get a lot of replies in your posts

I don't know how.. I'm forum famous lmao just kidding

NixonRulz
05-28-2015, 06:27 PM
You're a rockstar, Brooke!

BrookeLynnnn
05-28-2015, 06:29 PM

I better be after surviving that quake!! Lol

sae
05-28-2015, 06:31 PM
Quakes where you are. We're practically floating away here, its armageddon... definitely armageddon. I am just waiting for Steven Tyler to start singing with that weird wide mouth of his.

BrookeLynnnn
05-28-2015, 06:33 PM
Quakes where you are. We're practically floating away here, its armageddon... definitely armageddon. I am just waiting for Steven Tyler to start singing with that weird wide mouth of his.

Some guy predicted a 9.8 at 4pm. It's 5:30pm & no quake lol

You live in Texas???

NixonRulz
05-28-2015, 06:36 PM
There's no earthquake coming

But a meteor is plummeting towards earth

That's what you should worry about ;)

Just kidding, Brooke!

BrookeLynnnn
05-28-2015, 06:42 PM
There's no earthquake coming

But a meteor is plummeting towards earth

That's what you should worry about ;)

Just kidding, Brooke!

I was about to freak, again!! Lol

jessed03
05-28-2015, 06:42 PM

It's true. Brooke's got 955 posts. 900 of those are new threads.

sae
05-28-2015, 06:45 PM
Some guy predicted a 9.8 at 4pm. It's 5:30pm & no quake lol

You live in Texas???

Yep, nestled right between two decent sized rivers. A few area funnel clouds too. Luckily the onky one that touched down was a good 30 miles from here. Dams are breaking, Cities are flooding, a few tornadoes here and there. We haven't even made it to hurricane season yet.

My back yard is so flooded my poor daschunds literally have to paddle to get to their pee spot. Joke's on me, these furry assholes would rather pee on my carpet than deal with the backyard swamp.

BrookeLynnnn
05-28-2015, 06:53 PM
It's true. Brooke's got 955 posts. 900 of those are new threads.

Don't look at my post numbers! 😱 haha

BrookeLynnnn
05-28-2015, 06:54 PM
Yep, nestled right between two decent sized rivers. A few area funnel clouds too. Luckily the onky one that touched down was a good 30 miles from here. Dams are breaking, Cities are flooding, a few tornadoes here and there. We haven't even made it to hurricane season yet.

My back yard is so flooded my poor daschunds literally have to paddle to get to their pee spot. Joke's on me, these furry assholes would rather pee on my carpet than deal with the backyard swamp.

Ugh that is horrible!! :( I'll pray for you guys!! I couldn't imagine that! Do you guys get floods a lot?

My brother lives in Houston

sae
05-28-2015, 07:03 PM
Ugh that is horrible!! :( I'll pray for you guys!! I couldn't imagine that! Do you guys get floods a lot?

My brother lives in Houston

Not so much here. My parents live way out in the middle of nowhere and their road has begun to wash out.
It looks like after Sunday it is going to dry up. It has been partly sunny all day today.

BrookeLynnnn
05-28-2015, 07:07 PM
Not so much here. My parents live way out in the middle of nowhere and their road has begun to wash out.
It looks like after Sunday it is going to dry up. It has been partly sunny all day today.

Oh good!! Sunday isn't too far away.

sae
05-28-2015, 07:09 PM
Nope. These things come and go. Before we know it we will all be bitching about the oppressively humid gulf Coast heat.

BrookeLynnnn
05-28-2015, 08:23 PM
Nope. These things come and go. Before we know it we will all be bitching about the oppressively humid gulf Coast heat.

I wish I were that optimistic about floods & stuff of that nature. I hate the unknown & things I cannot control.

NixonRulz
05-28-2015, 08:38 PM
I wish I were that optimistic about floods & stuff of that nature. I hate the unknown & things I cannot control.

That is the classic definition of anxiety!

BrookeLynnnn
05-28-2015, 08:40 PM
That is the classic definition of anxiety!

I hate it :( I don't want anxiety anymore. Can I trade it in for a normal boring life?? Lol

NixonRulz
05-28-2015, 08:48 PM
Ok. You don't have to have it anymore. I take it away from you

You are now healed

go have your baby and live happily ever after

BrookeLynnnn
05-28-2015, 08:51 PM
Ok. You don't have to have it anymore. I take it away from you

You are now healed

go have your baby and live happily ever after

I really wish it were that easy!! Lol

NixonRulz