PDA

View Full Version : Pregnancy and anxiety

wish0
05-23-2015, 10:21 PM
I am 26 weeks pregnant and have had severe anxiety throughout this pregnancy. I had anxiety during pregnancy with my son that I was able to control with just counseling but not this time around. It has been really bad to the point where I am now considering medication. Anyone else pregnant with anxiety? really needing some friends/encouragement.

gypsylee
05-23-2015, 11:15 PM
Hello and welcome :)

Well I'm not pregnant but I'm anxious. There is another member here who is pregnant but she hasn't posted in a while.

I hope you find some support here.

All the best,
Gypsy x

jessed03
05-24-2015, 12:16 PM
BrookeLynnn from this forum is. And she's very friendly. I'm sure she won't mind if you send her a PM. (You'll need 10 posts first though.)

BrookeLynnnn
05-25-2015, 12:24 PM
Here I am! :)

I'm now 31 weeks & up until about 1-2 weeks ago, my anxiety was horrible. I broke down once a day telling my mom I couldn't do this anymore & I needed medication. She never took me to get on anything. I suffered pretty bad daily with anxiety but then all of a sudden.. It went away. I think by hitting rock bottom, I saw that this couldn't get any worse. For me, medication was not an option so I had to tell myself, I gotta get through this on my own.

Weeks 20-28 were the longest weeks of my life but here I am almost done & I can finally enjoy these last few weeks.

If medication is what you want, go for it. I know how hard this is without. But just remember if you choose not to, things will get better. & it's okay to cry, I cried all the time. Crying actually made me feel better.

Another thing.. One poster on here really got to me. He pretty much told me by me being anxious & afraid all the time, I'm passing it to the baby. That broke my heart. I couldn't imagine my child ever going through what I was. After that, something in my mind just changed.

Hang in there! I promise you things will get better! You have any questions, just ask! I'll be here :)

jessed03
05-25-2015, 12:32 PM
Brooke!!! Right on cue. Yeah, told you she was cool.

I'll leave you guys to it. :)

wish0
05-26-2015, 07:20 PM
So I tried to message you brooke but apparently I need 10 or more posts to do that :/ Can you PM me by any chance?

jessed03
05-26-2015, 07:32 PM
Hey, wish0,

Go to the off-topic and just write 8 more quick posts. You could even do it here. It'll only take you a minute or two. We don't mind! :)

wish0
05-26-2015, 07:35 PM
You are right, thanks!

BrookeLynnnn
05-26-2015, 07:41 PM
I'll still be here :)