PDA

View Full Version : Residential Treatment Centers Focused on Anxiety Disorders

RobP91
05-23-2015, 07:03 PM
I have been doing some research and have not found many residential programs that are set up specifically to treat anxiety disorders. The vast majority of places seem to mainly house drug addicts and those with bipolar disorder or schizophrenia. I was able to find one program at Rodgers Memorial Hospital that is specifically designed to treat OCD/Anxiety but the program seems much more focused on the treatment of OCD. Does anyone here know of any inpatient treatment centers with specifically designed programs for anxiety disorders, or even programs that are known to be particularly helpful to those suffering from anxiety. I am looking for a program that is dedicated to the treatment of anxiety and offers a reasonable period of hospitalization (i.e. not a 72 hr. psychiatric evaluation). If anyone has stayed in a place and doesn't mind sharing their experiences I would really appreciate it.

Many Thanks,
Rob

jessed03
05-23-2015, 09:35 PM
Well, I live in England, so I'm afraid I can't help you pick out an American location. I did stay at an outpatient center though, and found it very helpful. It was taxpayer funded, so it included people with other conditions too, but the main focus was on treating anxiety and depression and reducing the effect those conditions have on people's lives.

It got me out of a really bad jam where I was no doubt at my lowest point. I was there for a while. Three months, I think, though mainly because my file slipped through the system and I was never asked to leave, so hung around as long as possible (free food!).

Many therapies suit most mental health conditions, so finding a center dedicated SOLELY to anxiety may not be necessary. It all depends on what treatments are being offered, and whether or not you'd like to be around people who have the exact same problems as you do.