PDA

View Full Version : I need a little help

Stephanie Hutchinson
05-23-2015, 01:43 AM
Well, this has never happened before and was really something interesting to experience. I searched results for this as well, but only came up with anxiety/vertigo from taking lunesta. I've never taken lunesta even with my problem sleeping;

I woke up not too long ago, I had a more than extremely vivid dream, normally all my dreams are vivid however. It was more of a nightmare than anything. I woke up immediately, rather than being able to fall asleep. . there's this feeling that sets in hard. I get dizzy immediately as my eyes open and my chest gets tight with slight pain, mostly towards my heart area. As I didn't know what was going on I sat there for a short few seconds, the room was swirling and it was as if I had some terrible vertigo. It was the worst. Everything was swurving and I pulled myself up, this lasted a good two minutes maybe. I feel some what weak now and I don't know if this could be something, but the last few days I've had constant pressure and pain in the back of my head that will not go away, and because of this my neck's starting to hurt.

I don't know what's going on, but I normally have some vertigo and a little dizziness every morning. I absolutely hate the room spinning around me and it really freaks me out. And I know depression could be a cause of anxiety, which I had gone into an extreme depression about a year ago. I finally pulled out of it, but was left with these terrible anxiety attacks with no matter what I did. All my insecurities I never had before came to the surface. I finally worked and got rid of them and I was able to be calm about everything, be myself and with no insecurities/anxiety. Recently, the anxiety reoccured because I found out I had an allergy to peanuts. I had eaten peanuts before but it was a sudden tingling, and my throat closed issue. That brought back anxiety, ever since then I've been super cautious and nervous about things. I'm working on it again, but the anxiety seems to be coming back maybe a bit worse? I believe I could pull myself out of it like I did last time, just by slowly working on things, but this has made me really nervous and I can't help but to make sure this is probably what it is. I appreciate any help anyone wuld like to give me! Thank you!

NixonRulz
05-23-2015, 05:57 PM
Well, this has never happened before and was really something interesting to experience. I searched results for this as well, but only came up with anxiety/vertigo from taking lunesta. I've never taken lunesta even with my problem sleeping;

I woke up not too long ago, I had a more than extremely vivid dream, normally all my dreams are vivid however. It was more of a nightmare than anything. I woke up immediately, rather than being able to fall asleep. . there's this feeling that sets in hard. I get dizzy immediately as my eyes open and my chest gets tight with slight pain, mostly towards my heart area. As I didn't know what was going on I sat there for a short few seconds, the room was swirling and it was as if I had some terrible vertigo. It was the worst. Everything was swurving and I pulled myself up, this lasted a good two minutes maybe. I feel some what weak now and I don't know if this could be something, but the last few days I've had constant pressure and pain in the back of my head that will not go away, and because of this my neck's starting to hurt.

I don't know what's going on, but I normally have some vertigo and a little dizziness every morning. I absolutely hate the room spinning around me and it really freaks me out. And I know depression could be a cause of anxiety, which I had gone into an extreme depression about a year ago. I finally pulled out of it, but was left with these terrible anxiety attacks with no matter what I did. All my insecurities I never had before came to the surface. I finally worked and got rid of them and I was able to be calm about everything, be myself and with no insecurities/anxiety. Recently, the anxiety reoccured because I found out I had an allergy to peanuts. I had eaten peanuts before but it was a sudden tingling, and my throat closed issue. That brought back anxiety, ever since then I've been super cautious and nervous about things. I'm working on it again, but the anxiety seems to be coming back maybe a bit worse? I believe I could pull myself out of it like I did last time, just by slowly working on things, but this has made me really nervous and I can't help but to make sure this is probably what it is. I appreciate any help anyone wuld like to give me! Thank you!

Sounds like a panic attack to me. Those that come at night whilst sleeping are horrible.

You wake up and you are panicking. That is scary stuff

It sounds odd that you have developed a peanut allergy. I don't know your age but most peanut allergies are from a very young age and most 5 year olds do not write as well as you so I assume you are older than that

Are you sure maybe the peanut allergy is in your head? Would be right in line for someone experiencing anxiety again

Im-Suffering
05-23-2015, 07:46 PM
During the night is the deep protected sleep state where the body recovers. This is the time of sleep paralysis and very little recall. The vivid dreams happen during REM late in the cycle. Since you are anxious a vivid dream will jolt you suddenly out of REM and because of the rapid eye movements you will experience this spinning. For just a few minutes at most.

Become determined to sleep through this cycle awakening not to the jolt of a dream or clock. Set the clock further back or go to bed earlier with a relaxing tape and drink. Adjust your schedule and before bed consciously plan to have pleasant dreams and to get the full rest.

Whether the peanuts are psychosomatic or not doesn't matter, substitute another snack.

The rest of the physical symptoms are part of the expected pangs of anxiety. Meaning since you are waiting in a sense for this whole drama to happen, the body is under stress and tension.

This is why we advised to plan for pleasant dreams and a natural rejuvenating sleep waking according to the natural body rhythms rather than jolted.

Stephanie Hutchinson
05-26-2015, 03:06 AM
I wasn't sure as to exactly what it was I couldn't pinpoint it.

Well, it was an extremely random new allergy, I had eaten peanuts just a day or two before the horrific moment. I'm fifteen, the doctor's found it very odd as well that I reacted to something I had consumed for long term.

Ever since the peanut allergy, I freak out when even something small seems to take effect one me, even though I know that's not the best option to do that. I started to overthink things, not only but a couple weeks back. Anxiety was something I dealt with for a very long time. So I'm nervous that it's back. It's already showing considerably noticeable changes.

I appreciate you posting on this. Also if you have any solution to this, or any possible ways to help me, this is something else I've been struggling with and I was almost certain it wasn't related to anxiety. . . but sure enough when I typed in how I was feeling on google it sent me to a post on the internet regarding anxiety, etc. I can't stand this anymore, I mean I'd deal with the anxiety and being nervous part for lives, but this, I just can't take this part anymore. It's really getting to be too much for me. This I honestly have been dealing with for months. Since last March. I hadn't come to notice it yet, but I noticed that I CAN NOT for the life of me keep my mind in the right place (and no I'm not referring to my mind being in the gutter in an intimate/sexual manner). . .

I used to be able to relax and I was very wise and intelligent in certain life/people areas in my life. I was smart about things. I find myself starting to blend more, and no. . . no your average growing up, getting in the routine of keeping all your life responsibilities in check. No, definitely not. I'm referring to unwanted change. I sit here and I feel this sort of emptiness in a way. For example (this is really where I started noticing the changes); I've only been in two serious relationships in my whole life, which, including the one I am currently in now. My previous relationship, yes I know it seems odd for my age, take it in and believe it if you please, I'm really just in search of help. . but this kid was actually my first love. We were together for while and there really was no break up, we just got cut off and connections dropped out of our control. There's no reach between the two of us anymore, which hurt me dearly.

I used to be such an extremely positive and happy person who never looked on the bad or negative side. I loved to joke and laugh, I always knew how to cheer people up, I used to be able to put myself in other's shoes and help them with what they were going through, I used to be able to put myself in a good direction and lastly, be able to decipher right from wrong. But now, I can see that has all changed. I can't figure out why it happened, I can only assume and I don't know what the possibilities are for it being anxiety related. I just can't stand it, it's really doing it's worst on me. I'm not even close to the person I loved to be, and the person I was! I try to commit to things and what not and I try to make decisions that will be best for me in the long run or myself and my significant other in the long run. . . but I can't, I really can't. I try SO HARD to think and pull things that make sense out of my brain, things that I miss. There's nothing there anymore, and I miss the person I was.

It's like my common sense is gone, or for the most part, what common sense was to me, what I described it as. Now let me just jump straight to the final point. What happens every time to think, it feels as if something just completely blocks me off from what I'm trying to reach. I can feel it ALMOST, SO CLOSE, to my grasp, but every time no matter what it is that I do, it fails. I can't pull it out of my brain. Because of this I'm unable to commit to someone like I was able to, I don't want to compromise or make solutions to make things better with the ones I love and care about, I have anger episodes for anything it doesn't have to even be about anything, it just happens, I refrain from asking questions, for the importance of what's going on or what's happening, or something I'm worried about (I can't get it out to help myself or help others), I feel trapped, I'm unreasonable towards others, I hurt people now. It's accidental and it's on purpose. I don't mean to, but intentionally get so mad and I just stop caring.

I really need help, I can't figure it out, I feel like my mind's going blank. I feel like reality is more of a dream than anything and I can't cope with it. I DO NOT feel depressed what so ever, it's just the most crucial and most important part of me is blocked off. I feel as if I'm becoming just a walking, talking robot or zombie. Nothing more, nothing less. It's as if I have none of my purposes/hopes/dreams anymore. I'm sorry for the mouth full but I'm tired of this hurting me and ESPECIALLY hurting others. I at least most of all want the ones around me to be smiling and happy.

Thank you. <3

Stephanie Hutchinson
05-26-2015, 03:12 AM
During the night is the deep protected sleep state where the body recovers. This is the time of sleep paralysis and very little recall. The vivid dreams happen during REM late in the cycle. Since you are anxious a vivid dream will jolt you suddenly out of REM and because of the rapid eye movements you will experience this spinning. For just a few minutes at most.

Become determined to sleep through this cycle awakening not to the jolt of a dream or clock. Set the clock further back or go to bed earlier with a relaxing tape and drink. Adjust your schedule and before bed consciously plan to have pleasant dreams and to get the full rest.

Whether the peanuts are psychosomatic or not doesn't matter, substitute another snack.

The rest of the physical symptoms are part of the expected pangs of anxiety. Meaning since you are waiting in a sense for this whole drama to happen, the body is under stress and tension.

This is why we advised to plan for pleasant dreams and a natural rejuvenating sleep waking according to the natural body rhythms rather than jolted.

Thanks for that, I'll definitely try working on this, I feel like everything is going downhill. The one thing I left out of my last post is that I think I'm edging closer to insomnia every day. It's intense. I stay up, I can't sleep. I'd love to sleep but I don't feel inclined, my eyes feel like they're always wide awake, I know that can have bad affects/effects on me as well, and could/probably is causing some of what's been going on with me in recent months. Every night I stay up later and later, I'm worried as if it may eventually turn into days at a time.

I don't believe that the dreams I've been having, etc. are the reason for me not wanting or feeling inclined to go to bed, those are the least of my worries. Although, I guess it is possible they're somewhere hidden in the back of my head, either or it's a process of even being able to close my eyes and fall asleep. Unless I'm exhausted.

Even though, I stated I did have depression and don't feel depressed what so ever in any way. I will talk to my doctor about starting a low dose of the pills again to see if that stops the wall that I feel like is blocking me from the person I once was, and the person I want to be. It's really hard to think straight, my thought always gets derailed and throws me for a loop. It hurts me. Thank you for taking the time to respond to this.

Stephanie Hutchinson
05-26-2015, 03:17 AM
Sorry for the spam, but I'd like to add one more thing. To sum things up, anything that made others happy or anything regarding making others feel better and be happy themselves, and or giving advice. . . that's all down the drain. Those are the things I can't think of anymore, but that's what really made me, me. I'd love to help people more and what not, but now I'm just that person, when they try to help, they just say "I'm really sorry, I wish I could do something for you", I used to be able to give advice NO MATTER WHAT the circumstance, I knew when to speak and when the wrong time was. I don't know what's what anymore. I really need help.