PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else have a hard time controlling their emotions in a relationship?

victoriavagabond
05-22-2015, 04:41 PM
Sometimes it feel like I'm on the outside looking in, and there are two voices in my head (a logical one.. and a irrational one). Sometimes if my SO and I have a small disagreement that would turn into nothing if i left it, instead I tend to get emotional and before I know it, it's turned into something bigger than it needed to be.

I'll go from completely logical to emotional and irrational..and eventually the thoughts snowball and I start thinking things like 'he would be better off without me'. This might start from nothing tiny like changing dinner plans..

Does this happen to anyone else?

gypsylee
05-22-2015, 11:23 PM
Sometimes it feel like I'm on the outside looking in, and there are two voices in my head (a logical one.. and a irrational one). Sometimes if my SO and I have a small disagreement that would turn into nothing if i left it, instead I tend to get emotional and before I know it, it's turned into something bigger than it needed to be.

I'll go from completely logical to emotional and irrational..and eventually the thoughts snowball and I start thinking things like 'he would be better off without me'. This might start from nothing tiny like changing dinner plans..

Yeah this is typical of anxiety - it affects how well we're able to deal with emotions. I get completely hysterical sometimes.

superchick22684
05-23-2015, 12:07 PM

Yes. This used to happen a lot with my SO and I. That was actually part of the reason that I ended up going back to therapy because it was driving him nuts. It happens a lot less frequently now which I credit to my therapist, coping techniques and meds.

Two One
05-24-2015, 01:00 PM
Yes, this is something I struggle with a lot. It's hard for me to put it into words to be honest. A lot of times I end up making my girlfriend feel unloved or like I'm pushing her away when really I'm just trying to deal with my anxiety and everything else going on. It's incredibly frustrating. I don't handle emotions very well when my anxiety is high and it sucks. A lot of times I feel like I overreact to certain situations even if it doesn't have to do with my girlfriend. The fact that I become so emotional very easily makes me more ashamed of myself.

CandyMan28
05-24-2015, 05:58 PM
OMG I am going through the same exact thing. It drives me crazy, I can't seem to control it. I feel your pain, and I am looking for answers as well.

PanicCured
05-24-2015, 09:18 PM
Does anyone else have a hard time controlling their emotions in a relationship?

Yes, EVERYONE!