PDA

View Full Version : Frozen

Mack24
05-21-2015, 02:47 PM
Hello everyone. I would like to know if anyone suffers from what I am going through. Your comments would be appreciated. Here is my issue- I have had anxiety since college and am now in my early 40's. I have seen a therapist briefly a few years ago and have read enough self-help books to last a lifetime. My anxiety has been under control for the past couple years, however, recently I have been feeling 'frozen'. Has anyone experienced that? I will be at the office and literally stare at my paperwork without reading any words. It has been affecting my performance and has been increasing my anxiety. I am contracted with 2 separate companies, and after years of struggling and mediocrity, I have finally put myself in a spot to shine. But now I feel like I'm running in waist-high water. It is the craziest feeling. I know exactly what I'm supposed to do, but it's like I'm in slow-motion. It has been difficult for me to talk to anyone because of the way I grew up and the attitude towards depression or anxiety("You must have a weak-mind if you are depressed!") I posted on this forum a few years ago and it helped. It would be helpful knowing that I am not the only person this happens. Thanks for your attention.

Mclovin147
05-21-2015, 02:57 PM
By frozen do you mean a lack of concentration?

I too can read/watch something and struggle to take things in sometimes! ...Just zone out so to speak! Everybody does it to be fair.

Anxiety/Depression are infamous for causing people to lose interest (Or struggle to maintain interest) in things.

Mack24
05-21-2015, 03:09 PM
I wouldn't call it a lack of concentration, it's more of a feeling of paralysis. I know what I am supposed to do, but can't physically move. It's like pouring syrup on piano-keys and then trying to play the piano. It is embarrassing for me to talk about it and the only reason I feel comfortable to post on this forum is because it is anonymous. (I'm sure most people reading this will think I'm lazy and do not want to do the work, but that is not the case.) I have read alot of anxiety articles but haven't found much about the feeling I have been getting.

NixonRulz
05-21-2015, 03:37 PM
Hello everyone. I would like to know if anyone suffers from what I am going through. Your comments would be appreciated. Here is my issue- I have had anxiety since college and am now in my early 40's. I have seen a therapist briefly a few years ago and have read enough self-help books to last a lifetime. My anxiety has been under control for the past couple years, however, recently I have been feeling 'frozen'. Has anyone experienced that? I will be at the office and literally stare at my paperwork without reading any words. It has been affecting my performance and has been increasing my anxiety. I am contracted with 2 separate companies, and after years of struggling and mediocrity, I have finally put myself in a spot to shine. But now I feel like I'm running in waist-high water. It is the craziest feeling. I know exactly what I'm supposed to do, but it's like I'm in slow-motion. It has been difficult for me to talk to anyone because of the way I grew up and the attitude towards depression or anxiety("You must have a weak-mind if you are depressed!") I posted on this forum a few years ago and it helped. It would be helpful knowing that I am not the only person this happens. Thanks for your attention.

That's a new one to me. But it wouldn't surprise me that anxiety has again increased its symptom types

Do you feel like being in the "spot to shine" may somehow make you feel under intense pressure?