PDA

View Full Version : PleaseRead My MUM NEEDS HELP

worriednow
08-21-2008, 03:45 AM
Hi,

I am so worried about my Mum, every single day she paces around the house breathing in deeply saying I cant breath, but she is breathing. She say her lungs feel like she does not have enough air.
She went to the doctor who tested her for Asthma and told her she didnt have it. But after she has gone hours doing the deep breath cycle she does wheeze. And she bloats in the top of her rib cage, like something is trapped thereat the entrance to her stomach.
I dont know what triggers the need for her to keeping trying for that deep breath but she started at 10pm last night and was still doing it at 4 am this morning.
Could this be a form of Anxiety I need to understand whats going on so i can get her help.
Or could this be a mild form of Asthma.
She is getting to the stage now where she really does not want to go too far from home.

leahrae
08-21-2008, 09:39 PM
Hi there,

This sure sounds like anxiety to me. Why don't you suggest to your Mom that she go to her GP to talk about her symptoms (and to double-check that it is not another health problem causing them!). If she is panicky about leaving the house, tell her you'll go along to the doctor with her - a familiar face/family member will probably bring her huge comfort! I went to my doctor after not fully understanding that my physical symptoms were those of anxiety - but he was extremely concerned and supportive. A GP can suggest medication, coping mechanisms or refer your Mom to a psychologist to engage in some cognitive behavioural therapy. Your poor Mom - She's so lucky to have you around though! Not all families are so perceptive in realizing that it might indeed be anxiety that is occurring! Good for you for recognizing the possibility & good luck! ;)