PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety worse in the morning?

Southerngal410
05-15-2015, 09:50 AM
A little back story -

I went off Zoloft last summer and have done great without it until about a month and a half ago. I then went back on Zoloft and started taking 100mg. Of course the side effects were awful for about two weeks and then they went away. The Zoloft was helping until earlier this week when my anxiety skyrocketed again. I called the dr and we upped it to 150mg, which is what I was taking before I went off it last summer.

Why is it that from about 3pm on until I go to bed I am feeling almost "normal." When I wake up in the morning my anxiety is off the charts, am extremely drugged feeling and can hardly keep my eyes open and I am staying this way until mid afternoon? I don't know what to do but this is awful. I also didn't really think that I would have side effects from upping my dosage since I was already on it but I am.

Any insight is great. Thanks.

Kuma
05-15-2015, 10:04 AM
Cortisol levels tend to be elevated in the morning and that can drive increased anxiety. I tend to have worse anxiety in the mornings than other times during the day too. It helps me to keep in mind that, in reality, nothing is worse in my life at 7am than at, say, 4pm -- instead I am feeling that way just because of elevated levels of a certain chemical (hormone).

Mr Jingles
05-16-2015, 04:46 AM
What triggered you to go back on Zoloft?

My anxiety is also often high when I wake, and lowest in the evening.

struggling1234
05-28-2015, 09:52 PM
hey yup, I also feel the same, my anxiety used to be the worst in the morning and then after 5 or so I would feel really good.