PDA

View Full Version : Pressure

mastercowbell
08-20-2008, 03:44 PM
Sometimes throughout the day it feels like i have pressure pushing down on the top of my head or neck. It kind of feels like a slight weight is pushing me towards the ground and then i get fearful that I might faint, which never happens. In matter of fact i just ran four miles a few minutes ago and if that doesn't make me faint nothing will. Just wondering if anybody else gets the same pressure feeling too.

MorningSadness00
08-20-2008, 03:49 PM
Sometimes throughout the day it feels like i have pressure pushing down on the top of my head or neck. It kind of feels like a slight weight is pushing me towards the ground and then i get fearful that I might faint, which never happens. In matter of fact i just ran four miles a few minutes ago and if that doesn't make me faint nothing will. Just wondering if anybody else gets the same pressure feeling too.
Yes i get this and i also get weird feelings around my head. its weird.
yeah, its probably anxiety.

Texan-By-Injection
08-20-2008, 04:54 PM

Have your blood pressure checked. It could be either hypertension or hypotension (low or high blood pressure). I get this too now and then, along with a strange swooshing sound in my ears (my heart beat, muffled). I doubt it's anything serious. But high or low BP can cause an array of other feelings of ill, so best just do a self-test, at Walmart, perhaps.

mastercowbell
08-20-2008, 05:24 PM
I don't think i have any blood pressure problems, and if I do it would be my anxiety that is causing them. I'm only 16 so I would think my bp would be normal. I'm at a healthy weight and i run, swim, and play tennis everyday.

Texan-By-Injection
08-20-2008, 05:38 PM
Ok, you're only 16... who exactly diagnosed you as having anxiety problems? Have you actually seen a doctor or a counseller/psychiatrist to determine what's wrong?

Do you mind me asking WHY you're suffering with anxiety at such a young age?

mastercowbell
08-20-2008, 07:31 PM
When i was about 10/11 years old I had my first anxiety attack where i thought I was dying, my whole entire body went numb and i could not feel anything at all. I went to the doctors office right away and she said that it was anxiety and she gave me half a xanax or something like that (that's the only time i've ever taken any meds for anxiety) She recommended me to a therapist and he helped me overcome my anxiety. And i stopped seeing him after a few months. At that time my parents were going through a divorce and my grandma died and I was having a strained relationship with my mother, all of which contributed to my anxiety.

For the past 4/5 years i've been pretty much anxiety free, until recently. I have a "Type A" personality and I think it contributes to the anxiety. I always have to be the best, i have straight A's in school and put myself under a lot of pressure. Lately a lot of my anxiety is anxiety about having anxiety. I am afraid of having an attack and my fear seems to cause even more anxiety. I recently went back to my therapist for one visit and he seems to think that when my mind isn't occupied ( reading a book, shooting a basketball, swinging a tennis racket) I get worrisome thoughts and start catastrophizing which causes anxiety. So, yeah. That's about it... lol.