PDA

View Full Version : Re-Introducing Myself

Adorasaurus
05-12-2015, 04:01 PM
Hello everyone!

I've had my account for a while now, I used to use the iPad app but I think I deleted it and lost it in amongst my other apps.
However, here I am once again!

My name is Georgia, but I generally just get called Gee by everyone now. I'm coming up 18 and I'm Scottish born/English raised.
I really like cats and nature and my favourite author is J.R.R Tolkien.
My favourite poet is Robert Burns and my favourite poem is Fire and Ice by Robert Frost.

I've suffered from PD since I was about 7 and I was diagnosed officially with SAD, GAD and PD when I was 15 by my GP. I attended counselling for 8 weeks but I can't say it really helped me all that much.
My counsellor was nice though, her name was Sian.

Anyway, it's nice to meet you all (again)!
Thank you for reading, have a lovely day!~

Kuma
05-12-2015, 05:30 PM
Hello everyone!

I've had my account for a while now, I used to use the iPad app but I think I deleted it and lost it in amongst my other apps.

My name is Georgia, but I generally just get called Gee by everyone now. I'm coming up 18 and I'm Scottish born/English raised.
My favourite poet is Robert Burns and my favourite poem is Fire and Ice by Robert Frost.

I've suffered from PD since I was about 7 and I was diagnosed officially with SAD, GAD and PD when I was 15 by my GP. I attended counselling for 8 weeks but I can't say it really helped me all that much.

Hi Gee. Nice to "meet" you. Too bad the counseling did not do much good. My suggestion would be that you consider trying that again, perhaps with a different therapist. Maybe even if Sian was nice, she was not the right person to help you do the difficult work necessary to overcome anxiety and related conditions. But you really don't want to live with all of this stuff for the rest of your life if you can help it. At age 18, you have a lot of years ahead of you and your quality of life would probably be better if you could overcome the anxiety. A renewed effort at therapy might help. Just a suggestion. Best wishes.

NixonRulz
05-12-2015, 06:06 PM
Hello everyone!

Even when you all feel crappy, you folks from the UK are always so pleasant and polite

Long live the queen

Welcome back

jessed03
05-13-2015, 12:20 AM
I knew Nixon was going to dig those good English manners.

Love how you've included your favourite literature in your post, too.

Hope you find your stay here useful.