PDA

View Full Version : I really need some help here

Slammed Vdub
05-11-2015, 06:47 PM
Hey everyone i hope everyone is doing well. Well a few years ago my doctor said i had rhinitis sinusitis with an unknown cause along with a deviated septum. I was given a nose spray which at the time seemed to work. I also have a CT scan of my head to check for things which all came back clean. Its come back with more discomfort than ever. I have severe head pressure on my temples, above and below my eyes, and on top of me teeth. I also feel dizzy and off balance alot, along with what seems to be eye fatigue. Its difficult for me to concentrate on anything without squinting. A little over a week ago i was told i had a sinus infection so i was put on antibiotics. The meds seemed to help me feel better, until they ran out. I ran the course of the meds and here i am feeling worse than ever. I have an appointment with a allergist in a few weeks but i am absolutely miserable. I also have health anxiety which doesnt help. I cant help but think there is something growing in my head like a tumor or its cancer or something. I just cant believe that this much discomfort could come from sinus issues. I feel unhappy and miserable 100% of the time and i simply cant enjoy life anymore. I dont know what to do and i am currently freaking out. Can anyone relate or tell me im not going crazy?

Kuma
05-12-2015, 11:59 AM
I have no reason to believe that you are "going crazy." You are just trying to figure out why you are not feeling well. It is not always simple to diagnose a medical problem. But I would not jump to the conclusion that you have a tumor or cancer. There are many other more common things that could cause the feelings you are having. And because your symptoms responded well to antibiotics, they seem unlikely to be caused by a tumor. Tumors generally don't respond to antibiotics. If the allergist does not figure it out, you could consider consulting with an ENT doc, an ophthalmologist, or a neurologist. Good luck.

* I am not a medical professional and nothing I write on this forum is medical advice.