PDA

View Full Version : Little Victories

sae
05-11-2015, 02:55 PM
One of the things anxiety had thoroughly robbed from me was the ability to create. Oh every now and then I come up some grandiose idea for a painting, I work on it and hate it. It then sits in my closet along with the other canvases, all hated, in various stages of completion.
Somehow, now mind you I seldom leave the house and I know very few people in town, my name was dropped and I received a call from a new coffee shop interested in buying local art. I am having a full on spazz attack. I sift through all my canvases and find a few finished ones, slap my favorite in a frame and take it up there.
The guy was nice, saw the painting and without any further discussion asked if I would let it go for $150. $150!!! Hah! I was hoping I would get $30 out of the deal. He paid in cash, gave me a gift certificate for free coffee once the place opened up so I could see my painting along with the other works he was showing.
I haven't sold a painting since 2002. The husband felt my painting was a distraction from taking care of the kid and the house so for many years I had stopped. The years secretly scribbling away at digital art did little to keep my ability with traditional media sharp and once I picked up the brush again I found I had lost so much, and forgotten the rest.
Today was a little victory in many ways. I am now this much closer to finally getting my kid a cello of her own. She had been playing on ratty school lent instruments for the past 3 years, ever since her first cello was lost in the shuffle of vulturous family members dividing the things in the house after my husband died while I spent time out of state to recover.
I actually left the house to meet with a stranger! In the book of sae that is a big bucket of nope. I almost, almost turned him down.
Little victories, I dig them.

sae
05-11-2015, 02:58 PM
The first link was the right one after all...

Im-Suffering
05-11-2015, 03:00 PM
One of the things anxiety had thoroughly robbed from me was the ability to create. Oh every now and then I come up some grandiose idea for a painting, I work on it and hate it. It then sits in my closet along with the other canvases, all hated, in various stages of completion.
Somehow, now mind you I seldom leave the house and I know very few people in town, my name was dropped and I received a call from a new coffee shop interested in buying local art. I am having a full on spazz attack. I sift through all my canvases and find a few finished ones, slap my favorite in a frame and take it up there.
The guy was nice, saw the painting and without any further discussion asked if I would let it go for $150. $150!!! Hah! I was hoping I would get $30 out of the deal. He paid in cash, gave me a gift certificate for free coffee once the place opened up so I could see my painting along with the other works he was showing.
I haven't sold a painting since 2002. The husband felt my painting was a distraction from taking care of the kid and the house so for many years I had stopped. The years secretly scribbling away at digital art did little to keep my ability with traditional media sharp and once I picked up the brush again I found I had lost so much, and forgotten the rest.
Today was a little victory in many ways. I am now this much closer to finally getting my kid a cello of her own. She had been playing on ratty school lent instruments for the past 3 years, ever since her first cello was lost in the shuffle of vulturous family members dividing the things in the house after my husband died while I spent time out of state to recover.
I actually left the house to meet with a stranger! In the book of sae that is a big bucket of nope. I almost, almost turned him down.
Little victories, I dig them.

Magic !

Love the painting too.

sae
05-11-2015, 03:03 PM
Magic !

Love the painting too.

Thank you :)