PDA

View Full Version : No reason for my anxiety

anberry
05-10-2015, 08:59 PM
I've had anxiety and anxiety attacks almost for the past year. At the beginning, they were brought on by thinking too much about death and different types of sicknesses. I've settled down in my thoughts and don't even think too much about these things anymore. However, randomly I'll feel all this anxiety welling up in me and I'll start having scary thoughts and start over thinking things and wonder if I'll like forget to breathe or perform some other vital bodily needed to survive. It's weird how it just seems to come out of nowhere, I used to have to work myself into it by being in certain situations or thinking about a difficult topic. Nowadays, it feels just like any other kind of ailment that just suddenly and randomly causes me discomfort and eventually fades.

I'm wondering if its just that my brain is so used to throwing on that anxiety switch, that I'm still dealing with repercussions even in non-anxiety producing situations. I even feel like I've worked out all the underlying issues that were causing the anxiety, but random flare ups of anxiety persist.

Maybe it will just take time as my brain adjusts to not having to use the anxious part all the time, and the anxiety response will slowly become less habitual.

gypsylee
05-10-2015, 10:22 PM
I've had anxiety and anxiety attacks almost for the past year. At the beginning, they were brought on by thinking too much about death and different types of sicknesses. I've settled down in my thoughts and don't even think too much about these things anymore. However, randomly I'll feel all this anxiety welling up in me and I'll start having scary thoughts and start over thinking things and wonder if I'll like forget to breathe or perform some other vital bodily needed to survive. It's weird how it just seems to come out of nowhere, I used to have to work myself into it by being in certain situations or thinking about a difficult topic. Nowadays, it feels just like any other kind of ailment that just suddenly and randomly causes me discomfort and eventually fades.

I'm wondering if its just that my brain is so used to throwing on that anxiety switch, that I'm still dealing with repercussions even in non-anxiety producing situations. I even feel like I've worked out all the underlying issues that were causing the anxiety, but random flare ups of anxiety persist.

Maybe it will just take time as my brain adjusts to not having to use the anxious part all the time, and the anxiety response will slowly become less habitual.

You're probably right but who knows. Anxiety is a tricky beast. Even though you feel you've worked out the underlying issues (and I believe you) there can still be stuff hanging around in the subconscious. I always think of it like this pot bubbling away which occasionally boils over into the conscious mind and there may be no obvious external factor which has caused it. A bit like when you dream about someone or something you haven't thought about in ages (happened to me last night). That stuff happens when we're awake as well I reckon, but in a less obvious way. There can be really subtle things that trigger anxiety as well, like a time of day, a smell, or a tone of someone's voice.

Cheers,
Gypsy x

Adi RootZ
05-12-2015, 12:39 AM
It's frustrating because some people don't have a care in the world

NixonRulz
05-12-2015, 04:47 AM
I believe that even though you have worked out your anxiety causes, youve trained your brain to react a certain way in some situations.

That will continue to slow down until it stops

I also used to have a pretty good fear of death with my health anxiety. I read a book on near death experiences and if you believe they're stories,mall say dying was not scary or painful. Just peaceful and beautiful

That just made me feel much better about the Reeper stopping by

Im-Suffering
05-12-2015, 06:35 AM
I've had anxiety and anxiety attacks almost for the past year. At the beginning, they were brought on by thinking too much about death and different types of sicknesses. I've settled down in my thoughts and don't even think too much about these things anymore. However, randomly I'll feel all this anxiety welling up in me and I'll start having scary thoughts and start over thinking things...

Beliefs have an impact on the autonomic nervous system. Having an effect on involuntary organs. Beliefs often are not conscious. And so strongly held ideas about reality, especially those suppressed will manifest one way or another. If you don't think it, you will feel it, and so the experience will be had just the same as if it were consciously thought.

In the quote above, the words 'settled down' translate to 'suppress', "escape from', and /or 'fearful of', 'bury'. 'Purposefully avoid'.

Breaking a habit always involves changing a belief, intent, expectation, desire, decision, and conscious will. The habit is formed by the belief, not the other way around.

Once the belief that is causing the thoughts is found and changed, the experience would reflect the new belief, and so the habit as you term it will have been broken along with the effects on the mind and body.