PDA

View Full Version : Do you have trouble with housecleaning?

Maggie May
12-24-2005, 05:35 AM
I struggle with housecleaning all the time, just wondering if I'm the only one...

shoe
12-24-2005, 03:37 PM
I'm totally disorganized but also totally lazy so that all adds up to a mess that doesn't get cleaned often enough!

babycristy
12-25-2005, 09:24 AM
I like housework, it distracts me and makes me feel better somehow...

I am not a big fen shui practitioner or anything, but it has interested me lately...How space and environment influences ones moods and well being. I wanted to share a summary of an article I read that can relate to this topic. It was about making space in your home and moving energy around. Basically it says that matter should not linger around too long in your home (such as dust). The stillness of matter can turn into negative energy...Dont quote me on this, this is just my own interpretation of what I read, I am no expert.

I do not intent to practice fen shui strictly, but I do see the importance in moving things around your house, and cleansing your space from old and dusty things. It usually leads to cluttering of your space and cluttering in your own mind.
I know house work is tough. If you can't do it all yourself, maybe pay a house cleaner to do it for you...or ask your family for help.

Trust me, I had lived in the same bedroom with the same large and elaborate furniture and the same pastel colored walls since I was 5 years old.. I had grown very bored and felt cluttered in my own room. I tried to spend as little time as possible in my room because it depressed, bored, and somehow reminded me of bad memories in my childhood...Last year I decided to go all out, color my walls bright orange (my favorite color), get modern and sleek furniture that didn't take up too much space, and get rid of LOTS of stuff....Now THAT felt good! I can honestly say that I now spend so much more time in my room because I feel comfortable in this room that I love...It's neat, smells fresh, it symbolizes new beginnings for me such as college, life, love, etc...

I know I sound cliche and as if I am trying to make something out of nothing...But I used to hate cleaning old room. I felt that no matter how much I cleaned, it always looked dull, dirty, and cluttered. I told myself "what do I want? What do I like? What colors do I love? How do I want to feel in my 'area'?" Then I just made it come true. Housework is as easy as cake now because I get instant pleasure of seeing MY room clean and sparkling. Oh yea, did I mention how I get better sleep now too?

Well, thats my two cents on it. I hope I didn't get too much off topic :lol: But I truly believe that making a change in the area around you might now save your life, but it will help it. :)

shoe
12-25-2005, 09:59 AM
babycristy, thats an interesting way to think of things. I know that I usually feel better about having a clean area, but I hadn't thought of changing things around.

Now that I think about it though, whenever I do make a change, move things around or add new furniture or whatnot, it does in some way alter my feelings toward the place I spend so much time in. Maybe for me it would have to do with my mind growing bored with the same old environment and becoming depressed that things don't change, just as my life doesn't seem to. Maybe. I dunno hehe

I have noticed that when I do make big changes in my life though that my mood and outlook on life changes for the better. Might even lower my anxiety too.

Thanks for that interesting post babycristy. Something nice to contemplate

Littlebobo
01-19-2006, 02:26 PM
Oh My god i can not believe that this is a symptom of anxiety, I feel like i am constantly cleaning that the house is always a mess and i just can not keep up my partner is somewhat lazy in my opinion and this causes some ''discussion's'' which in turns make me very wound up and anxious.

I always thought that i was some kind of insane person becuase i clean constanly not in an OCD sense but just because i can not stop and the house is never tidy enough i am also nowhere near as organised as i would like to be, I can never remember anything and this just makes me even worse like a vicious circle almost.

I am so glad that there are people out there going through similar things to me it makes me feel normal - well almost ;)

scatmantom
01-20-2006, 09:33 AM
i house share as im a student and im pretty clean..but the others are not..i clean my own mess but every1 else seems 2 take the piss a bit and leave dirty stuff around for ages and it bothers me LOADS.

house wpork isnt connected to my anxiety at all thank god