PDA

View Full Version : My Artwork

Go To Sleep
05-09-2015, 11:32 AM
“Today we reveal the reality that is behind visible things, thus expressing the belief that the visible world is merely an isolated case in relation to the universe”. (Klee, 1920)

henrypucknell.com

Hi everyone

My art practice focuses on depicting feelings of anxiety, dread and despair. I used to suffer from anxiety when i was younger but have since found it burdens me much less.
I was wondering if i could get peoples reactions to my work, is it a visual expression of anxiety for you? If not please tell me why, a critical response is much more useful than a positive one.

Thanks
Henry

gypsylee
05-09-2015, 11:45 AM
I'll take a look next time I'm on the laptop :)

sae
05-09-2015, 11:49 AM
My thoughts:

As a whole I enjoyed the works. It was visually pleasing and the composition of them is in perfect order. That, while making the pieces nice to look at, fall a little short of conveying the disorganization of the anxious mind. I love the busy motion of the foreground subjects, the muted pallettes displaying the mind's effort to dull the noise of the world. I even dig the geometric nature of them (and I am an avid Kandinsky hater). With the exception of "Descent" there is a rigid structure to the pieces as a whole that for some reason bug me.

I may not be a very credible analyst of this style of art, however. All of my attempts to emulate anxiety through art (piano composition or through visual media) usually turn into disjointed Roger Dean-esque landscapes or ear assaulting piano noise.