PDA

View Full Version : Hi guys

Aysima Beril Baydar
05-06-2015, 12:33 PM
My name is Aysima and I decided to join here because lately I have been having severe anxiety. Two days ago with some stomach flu,I got into this anxiety state that when it was time to sleep I couldn't even sit. I felt like I was going to throw up any minute,I was shaking so bad,I had some weird dreams and whenever I felt like I was going to sleep I woke up with rapid heartbeat.

They changed my meds. I took Zoloft(Lustral) for almost 2 years now,today is my first day taking Prozac.I am worried that I am getting worse because my nighttime fear and anxiety is coming back. I went out to park tonight and I felt so bad that we went back home. My doctor also gave me Atarax so I can sleep better. What do you guys think? Thank you.

av1988
05-06-2015, 12:53 PM
Welcome. I am sorry you are going through this. It's good that you have consulted your doctor.

How often are you doing fun, active, outdoor activities?

Aysima Beril Baydar
05-06-2015, 12:56 PM
Thank you.
I am getting ready for my university exams,it is like SAT so I don't have much time. I used to do pilates but I even stopped doing it.Does reading books,watching TV count?

av1988
05-06-2015, 12:59 PM
Thank you.
I am getting ready for my university exams,it is like SAT so I don't have much time. I used to do pilates but I even stopped doing it.Does reading books,watching TV count?

I wish that counted :-)

One way that CURED my anxiety was the physical part. Doing an activity that you consider fun, while working up a sweat and pumping your heart, it releases chemicals in your body that are good for you. It increases the pleasure in your body. So if you're into (for example) tennis. Go out and play a few sets, get really tired, and you'll feel good about yourself. Continuing down this path only helps your anxiety.

Rob625
05-06-2015, 01:03 PM
Welcome. Is there any chance you could be allergic to the new meds?

Aysima Beril Baydar
05-06-2015, 01:05 PM
Since weather is getting better,I am thinking about swimming. I love swimming. What do you do when you are having an attack? I tried singing,talking with my family,writing what made me uneasy but it is not helping.
Do you take any pills? I know Prozac is serotonin inhibitor like Zoloft but I don't know the difference. If there is anybody taking Prozac as wells,do you guys like it?

Aysima Beril Baydar
05-06-2015, 01:06 PM
I took Prozac for the first time today and I never took Atarax so I don't think so. I had anxiety before but it is building up now. My other fears are coming back.

av1988
05-06-2015, 01:07 PM
Since weather is getting better,I am thinking about swimming. I love swimming. What do you do when you are having an attack? I tried singing,talking with my family,writing what made me uneasy but it is not helping.
Do you take any pills? I know Prozac is serotonin inhibitor like Zoloft but I don't know the difference. If there is anybody taking Prozac as wells,do you guys like it?

I am here because my anxiety is gone. I am here to give advice.

When I had a panic attack, I would tell myself the truth. I would say "I've survived 100% of my panic attacks, and I am undefeated against them. They can't defeat me". I convinced myself that I had the power, not the anxiety.

Aysima Beril Baydar
05-06-2015, 01:09 PM
That is really nice. I will try that and thanks,what you are doing is so important.

av1988
05-06-2015, 01:12 PM
That is really nice. I will try that and thanks,what you are doing is so important.

When I had anxiety attacks, I thought "Oh no, I'm going to die!" but then I realized "The worst that can happen is I pass out from hyperventilating". I never even passed out once of all my years with anxiety. Panic attacks are all in our heads. We have to train our minds to dismiss them. It takes time.

Aysima Beril Baydar
05-06-2015, 01:14 PM
When I had anxiety attacks, I thought "Oh no, I'm going to die!" but then I realized "The worst that can happen is I pass out from hyperventilating". I never even passed out once of all my years with anxiety. Panic attacks are all in our heads. We have to train our minds to dismiss them. It takes time.

Sometimes it feels like it is impossible to train yourself but hey you did it so it can be done. I think I made a right choice by joining here :)

namaste87
05-06-2015, 01:27 PM
You are very welcome here! This site has helped me a lot. I can recommend reading some of thll e sticky notes about how people managed and manage their anxiety and panic attacks! You are so not alone on this one.

All my love <3

namaste87
05-06-2015, 01:29 PM
Sometimes it feels like it is impossible to train yourself but hey you did it so it can be done. I think I made a right choice by joining here :)

It's very possible to train yourself :) It takes a lot of work but so many people has paved the way for you!

Aysima Beril Baydar
05-06-2015, 01:30 PM
You are very welcome here! This site has helped me a lot. I can recommend reading some of thll e sticky notes about how people managed and manage their anxiety and panic attacks! You are so not alone on this one.

All my love <3

Thank you for the advice. I really appreciate it. We need to look after each other so thank you for doing so :)

av1988
05-06-2015, 01:57 PM
You can do it. Just takes patience and motivation. Two things everyone possesses, but not everyone uses.